Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to help my brother smooth the bumps out of his chaos list. His main goal was to try out as much of the new stuff as possible,along with some old favorites. I managed to reign him in a bit and make smarter choices without giving up the feeling of trying lots of different things.

I hope I didn't help him create a monster...

HQ 405
Flying Lash Prince 155
Ahriman 250

Elite 209
8-man Chosen, 5 MG, Champ, 1 Meltabomb 209

Troops 668
6-man Noise Marine, Champ, Siren, 5 Blasters, Blasmaster 215
6-man Noise Marine, Champ, Siren, 5 Blasters, Blasmaster 215
8-man Berserker, Champ, PF, 2 PP, 238

Fast 120
3x Chaos Spawn 120

Heavy 445
Defiler, 2 CCWs 150
Defiler, 2 CCWs 150
Vindicator, Possession, 145

The basic rundown is as follows
The Noise Marines deploy forward either into good firing positions or where they can maneuver into the,m. Their assault settings mean that if need be they can get up and reposition. They make a good static firetrap, ideally deployed with overlapping fire fields (Gives the lasher the chance to herd people into a crossfire) they can also hold objectives or buildings pretty well. I tried talking him out of the siren champs, but he wants them, and they are handy in a cityfight.

The Chosen are an infiltrating armor overkill unit. Sneak them up on a prize piece of armor and it;s toast. They can also nuke term squads pretty well. Kinda slow after the initial hit though. Alternately you could go with 2 MG and 2 PG, to give them gthe ability to set up a firebase in the ruined tank.

Ari hoofs it behind the 'zerkers, using them as a fire screen and assault shield. The plas pistols (and the chosen's MB) could be dropped in favor of a rhino to mount them all in (that's probably the best idea, but he likes the plas)

Not sure whether to run the spawns all as one unit, or to send them out solo. Probaably best to run them together. They're fearless, so it's not like they'll break if you kill one off.

The Giant Surly Crab Demons and the Doomshovel are a pieplate firing squad. Spread them out to cover the table, or set up a crossfire zone to herd squads into. The extra CCW limbs scare off deadly assaulters, menaing I'll have to focus lascannons on them rather than feeding them to my DC or VAS

No clucking fair, by the way, Chaos gets Dozer Blade for free on their vindicators!

Anyhow, it;s a heavy firepower, fairly mobile list with a lot of fun toys. I'm ducking jealous.

Though I'm realizing now we forgot to save 100 points for a Greater Daemon.

Could drop the siren champs and one chaos spawn...

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothin? Not a whiff of interest or feedback?

Normally I wouldn't care too much but I'm helping my brother out, so I figured I;d snag him some top flight advice from the finest heretics on the web

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Sorry dude couldn't comment when you posted as no Dex, got dex went mental and did my own list. :lol:

HQ: Nowt wrong here imo, Lash Prince (im starting to suspect that we will see this a lot.) Ahriman Lovely model.

ELITES: chosen, nasty unit expect it to wear alot of enemy fire power or recieve charges if your infiltrating.Thats is if the enemy has armour. Agaisnt horde armies not much point.

TROOPS: not much wrong here either although im not keen on the doomsirens in the Noisemarine squads, these guys should be lurking at 24" to 18" spitting much death at enemy troops if you get to use that template somethings gone horribly wrong imho. But as you said he wants them.( Fluff Nazis are gonna have a fit though Khorne and Slaanesh.)

FAST ATTACK: Personal choice here im not keen on them so would spend the points on rhinos for some of the squads instead.

HEAVY SUPPORT: Now I know your not a nice person! LOl evil just evil.

Sorry once again for the delay. :) VV

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah the only thing i can see if they have alot of infiltrators or deep strikers that are used much like your chosen squad...just against you because it seems like with this list its going to be very spread out over the field and causing alot of havoc and mahem, works great if the enemy is in front of you, but if they're spread out as well, its going to be alot of individual firefights and there my worry comes to your heavy support if they're taken out there isnt much chance to easily counter attack the unit that just took out one of your HS but on the other hand its harder for your enemy to jump from one unit to another, the only other problem i can see is you dont have much to deal with armies like tau and IG true you can land pie plates on them, but you can rely on those pie plates to do everything vs tau and IG for the most part your infintry squads will be taking alot of heat from the overwhelming firebase of those 2 armies, but it is a very nice list, so alot of it comes down to how well you use the table to your advantage and how well you can counter things like infiltrating MG's and large firebases
Well how well your brother can, im sure you will be helping him for a little :lol:

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Been trying to talk him out of the spawn and sirens, but he seems pretty set on them, at least to see how well they perform. His concept of noise marines is more along the lines of an assault squad with heavy, portable firepower, whereas my view of them is a fireteam that can get up and reposition. Neither is inherently wrong, but it's the kind of thing that needs to be decided on at the design stage.

If I can get him to drop the sirens and a spawn he can have a greater daemon. Though a rhino for the khorneites would be awfully handy...

We're also thinking about retooling the Chosen a little, throwing in a couple plasma guns. 5 meltas is a bit of overkill, and the longer range of a plasma gun will give them something to do after they blow the tank and move into its cover.

As for what it;ll be up against, that'd be my 1850 blood angels list. Fairly robust death company and veteran assault, meph, lem, a couple of big, shooty tac squads (with the meltaguns riding in LC razors), couple of meltabikes, two baals and an anni.

so a fair amount of armor and anti-armor, with a respectable assault component.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts