Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
+++ Khorne (1847pts) +++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [Aura of dark glory, Axe of Blind Fury, Juggernaut of Khorne, Mark of Khorne, Melta bombs, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Veterans of the Long War]

Kharn the Betrayer [Aura of Dark Glory, Frag Grenades, Gorechild, Krak Grenades, Plasma Pistol]

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) [Icon of Wrath, 7x Khorne Berzerker, Veteran of the long war]
····Berzerker Champion [Bolt Pistol, CCW, Melta Bombs]

Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) [Icon of Wrath, 7x Khorne Berzerker, Veteran of the long war]

Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) [Icon of Wrath, 6x Khorne Berzerker, Plasma Pistol, Veteran of the long war]

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Bikers [6x Chaos Biker, Icon of wrath, Mark of Khorne, 2x Meltagun, Veteran of the Long War]
····Chaos Biker Champion [Bolt Pistol, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs]

Warptalons [Mark of Khorne, Veteran of the long war, Warp Talon Champion]
····7x Warptalon [7x Twin Lightning Claws]

+ Heavy Support +

Maulerfiend [Daemonic Possession, Magma cutters]

Lord, Joins the Bikers and Kharn's joins the squad of 7 Zerkers to bump to an 8 man unit.

Everything starts on the table. Mauler Fiends, Bikes and Warp Talons make a B-Line for the juciest targets. The Lord can detach to go and smash alternative units if need be.

Kharn and the Zerkers hoof it hugging cover as they go to get where I need them most. Either smashing people off of objectives or finding someone to slaughter. I will often ignore objectives because who needs to capture them when you can slaughter everyone?

Aim of the game is to surge forward fast and smash anything that comes too close. Lots of big targets for your opponent so hopefully they will dilute their fire trying to pick off everything.

This list is meant for a bit of fun.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Hey man.
List looks fun, old style "in your face" list, doomed to lose, but with many a skull taken for Khorne!
Only real issue (beside warptalons, i fucking hate them) are the walking berzerkers...
walking marines means dead marines. Also, there's the old issue about regular khorne marked marines being "better" than zrkerkers, but that can be left aside.
If you drop 2 warp talons and all the VoTLW on the zerkers and chaos lord, you could be able to take rhino or 2
cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Consider the warp talons gone, list updated as follows:

+++ Khorne (1848pts) +++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [Aura of dark glory, Axe of Blind Fury, Combat familiar, Juggernaut of Khorne, Mark of Khorne, Melta bombs, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption]

Kharn the Betrayer [Aura of Dark Glory, Frag Grenades, Gorechild, Krak Grenades, Plasma Pistol]

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) [Icon of Wrath, 7x Khorne Berzerker]
····Chaos Rhino [Combi-bolter, Dirge caster, Searchlight, Smoke launchers]

Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) [Icon of Wrath, 6x Khorne Berzerker]

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Bikers [6x Chaos Biker, Icon of wrath, Mark of Khorne, 2x Meltagun]
····Chaos Biker Champion [Bolt Pistol, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs]

+ Heavy Support +

VotLW gone across the board, more Zerkers added(Khorne will be pleased) and they all have a ride to get across that board faster! Dirge casters are there to fill points I had spare.

I could use MoK Marines....but they are not the chosen of Khorne and this is a Murder Squad!...not a tickle parade.

VotLW may make a comeback as I mainly face off against marines and I hate them! Thanks for the input, I was skeptical about the warp talons and Rhinos make sense to get my lunatics into the battle faster. Should they roll up behind the bikes and Fiends for cover or vice versa.

Been a long while since these boys had a day out, should surprise my opponents when they expect guard (AM) and get a bunch of frothing madmen instead.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
cool, man, looks like 3rd ed is back! :laugh:
Should surprise someone, though!
I totally agree on the MoK marines, Zerkers are THE chosen!
Jinking bikers have a 4+ cover and can be great to screen rhinos. maulers already have a 5++, so, not really gonna need to cover them, maybe hug some ruins, if in need. Just remember that biker screening is gonna end soon :p so zoom up the board turn 1 with every rhino and bikers!
Turn 2 you should disembark zerkers and with flat out moves in shooting phase, create a rhino wall with just 1" between rhinos to let your models pass the turn later. You should be good. Also, rhinos can be great for some unexpected ramming!
Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We allow FW stuff, I let them play it so no reason why I can't. I had no idea there was a way I could out flank Zerkers! I don't own any IA books, being a guard player mainly I probably should invest in them.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I'm sorry but a typo is missing or replacing a letter or two, not replacement of a completely different word with half the letters and sounding completely different.
well, cut and paste error then! I will try and find the post with the email question someone asked FW about it... (But as the fluff does reference an Unaligned Daemon, and then the rules affect the Khorneate ones, something is clearly wrong)..

As I said, expect it to be FAQ'd before to long, Untill then its correct.. but something to be aware of so any list is 'Future proof'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.