Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until recently I ran a similar list to this except with Fateweaver but I thought I'd make the jump into a mono-god list (Slaanesh is best god).

HQ:
Keeper of Secrets w/Psyker level 3 and 2X Greater Reward

Herald of Slaanesh w/Exalted Locus and Steed

Troops:
18X Daemonettes
10X Daemonettes w/ Instrument of Chaos

FA:
14X Seekers of Slaanesh w/ Icon of Chaos and Heartseeker (was at 1845 so why not?)

HS:
Daemon Prince w/ wings, armor, psyker level 3, mark of Slaanesh and 2X Greater Reward
Daemon Prince w/ wings, armor, psyker level 3, mark of Slaanesh and 2X Greater Reward
Daemon Prince w/ wings, armor, psyker level 3, mark of Slaanesh, Greater Reward and Exalted Reward (probably Portalglyph)

Depending on matchup the Keeper will probably try for invisibility and the princes iron arm and endurance. Lash on the 3 princes. The two units of daemonettes will start in reserve and, again, depending on matchup the seekers may outflank. The instrument will hopefully guarantee the arrival of either the seekers or the larger unit of daemonettes and the icon will allow the daemonettes to deep strike in a relevant position without having to footslog to the other side of the board.

I've recently started to enjoy deploying seekers rather than outflank them (depending on enemy blast templates and turn order). With a guaranteed minimum of 19 inch movement turn one they'll be able to get wherever I want them to by turn two and they just add to the amount of high priority targets. Depending on the enemy skyfire I also try to put endurance and/or invisibility on them turn one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Played a game against a completely mechanized armoured battlegroup list with a 1500 point variation and it didn't go very well. Granted I failed just about every save, FNP and grounding test, we rolled purge the alien (which worked out well for him and his 0 scoring units) and 3/4 of my psychic powers had no targets on the field.

Really made me miss Fateweaver and the grimoire though. Might have to go back to it...

·
Registered
379 Posts
You're running 2 scoring units in a 1,850Pts list, that's not much to begin with and even less considering how fragile they are. Running a mono Slaanesh list is hard as hell as far as I know mainly because all of their models are so frail. If you really want to keep it a mono god list I would recommend dropping as much unnessecary upgrades from your Characters and just flood the table with bodies.

For example I would give your KoS 2 Greater Rewards and 1 ML and your DPs 1 Greater Reward and 1 ML each (don't bother with any rolls just pick Psychic Shriek for all of them). These changes alone will open up 220 Pts which you can then use to max out your units, maybe even add a few Alluresses with Etherblades for the AP2 if you still have the points to spare.

There's really no point in beating around the bush; Run your Seekers up the board on turn 1, DS everything in your enemy's face on turn 2 and hope your opponent rolls badly for his shooting phase, then everything charges on turn 3 and if enough models survived the previous shooting phase you win:grin:

Hope this helped!^^

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback!

Yea, I've recently started deploying the seekers on the board from the start, after all Daemons love forcing people to choose between a lot of high priority targets. So far the lack of troops hasn't been a problem due to the portalglyph but I do see that it's a bit of a risk.

Tbh I've never really tried out psychic shriek much. I've just seen iron arm lash wreak so much devastation that I have a hard time moving away from it. Plus endurance and invisibilty (if the KoS gets it) are so nice on the seekers turn one. Opponents always seem to drastically underestimate how much fire they can actually take with one or both of those.

Not long ago I saw a crazy huge thread arguing psychic shriek vs going for iron arm/endurance. I guess I've been in the camp of the latter but I'm thinking my next friendly game I'll need to try the other, if for no other reason than to be more informed :p

I'm thinking I'll probably drop the extra KoS psyker levels, drop each prince to one greater reward (Though losing the possible survivability gain scares me with such big investments), get rid of the herald, and try to get a second unit of seekers. Then try and fit etherblades into all 4 units.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I would consider, instead of running the Herald with the Seekers, throwing her into the larger squad of Daemonettes. She would confer Outflank and Acute Senses on them, and no more risk of Deep Strike Mishap or Riptides pulling an Interceptor large blast right on top of your tightly clumped 'Nettes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!

Yea, I've recently started deploying the seekers on the board from the start, after all Daemons love forcing people to choose between a lot of high priority targets. So far the lack of troops hasn't been a problem due to the portalglyph but I do see that it's a bit of a risk.

Tbh I've never really tried out psychic shriek much. I've just seen iron arm lash wreak so much devastation that I have a hard time moving away from it. Plus endurance and invisibilty (if the KoS gets it) are so nice on the seekers turn one. Opponents always seem to drastically underestimate how much fire they can actually take with one or both of those.

Not long ago I saw a crazy huge thread arguing psychic shriek vs going for iron arm/endurance. I guess I've been in the camp of the latter but I'm thinking my next friendly game I'll need to try the other, if for no other reason than to be more informed :p

I'm thinking I'll probably drop the extra KoS psyker levels, drop each prince to one greater reward (Though losing the possible survivability gain scares me with such big investments), get rid of the herald, and try to get a second unit of seekers. Then try and fit etherblades into all 4 units.
The reason I suggested cutting on their upgrades was because they were such a big investment. You'll find that they are still pretty durable though so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I understand what you are trying to say and Iron Arm + Lash is definetly an awesome combo but you'll have to get lucky and roll them on the Biomancy table. Psychic Shriek is an incredible power and you are certain to get it. (I tend to have terrible luck when it comes to rolling for powers thats why I prefer to keep all my Psykers at lvl 1)

I agree with Mossy btw, Daemonettes alone lack teeth and seen as they will get shot up before getting into cc they need all the teeth they can get.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yes, it seems you've experienced the absolute counter to flying circus, yourself. Unlucky psy power/gift generation means you will absolutely struggle to win. That's its biggest drawback. Biomancy is a cruel mistress. Sometimes you'll be left with hardly anything. Others you'll be an unstoppable wrecking ball. Even though I was the biomancy side in that thread you mentioned, there's nothing wrong with shriek if you are trimming points. Just roll above average and hope they don't deny. But keep in mind the attention a prince like that will draw from the enemy. 280 pts vs 330 (ml1 vs 3) will draw the same firepower, while one is infinitely weaker to it, barring horrible luck.

I also don't know about your meta, but its ilyanden central where I'm from. Distort weapons, especially the template one, is the bane of princes. I'd pay the extra 50 anyday, but try it out and see what you like. Just don't write one side or the other off after a loss or two.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes, it seems you've experienced the absolute counter to flying circus, yourself. Unlucky psy power/gift generation means you will absolutely struggle to win. That's its biggest drawback. Biomancy is a cruel mistress. Sometimes you'll be left with hardly anything. Others you'll be an unstoppable wrecking ball.
It's not just Biomancy, Divination tends to do a number on me as well. Both Foreboding and Scrier's Gaze are completely useless so guess which ones I roll most often. Even when I swap the first result for the Primaris Power I usually end up rolling the same result for my next one. To make matters worse; I can't just drop a ML on my LoC because when I roll the Beam on the Tzeentch Discipline I actually want to keep it for popping tanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts