Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Hi, I really like this list, you have some potentially lethal units and the force is very mobile. The only issues I have is that there are not many bodies which would slow you down but would provide a firebase and that the army is fairly short in range. In my experience with guard I have always had greatest success with either a static force with tons of bodies and lots of long range heavy weapons or loads of units in transports. You have gone for the mobile lots of units option but putting scions in vendettas, while sometimes useful, is risky as you lose them when they get shot down. Also that means there is less targets on the board. If possible get them transports or switch them out for an extra couple of vet squads in chimeras.
Really like it though, should be fun to play.

· Registered
336 Posts
It is difficult as there are so many themes to pick with guard. i like the list you have i would just have more transports. Dropping the planes and taking demolishers is loads of fun and can be devastating. I've done it before and rolled all hits one game, missed everything the next. The main thing is not going half and half - personally i like the original list - never leave home without 2 vendettas!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.