Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ: Tank Commander - Pask - Vanquisher, Camo
- Executioner w/ Plasma Cannon sponsons, Camo

HQ: CCS: 4x Plasma Gun, CC w/ Kurov's Aquilla and Bolter - Camo for all.

Elite: Scion's: 2x Melta Gun
Elite: Scion's: 2x Hotshot Volley Gun

Troop: Vets 3x Melta, Grenadier and Chimera w/ Heavy Bolter
Troop: Vets 3x Melta, Grenadier and Chimera w/Heavy Bolter
Troop: Vets 3x Plasma Gun, Grenadier and Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer

Fast: Vendetta
Fast: Vendetta

Fortification: Aegis Defence Line. Quad Gun and 6x Barricades.

The general idea for the list are the HQ in the rear holding any back field objective from the safety of the defence line. Camo'd up to get a nice addition to their cover save. Pask can pick out priority armour from range. He combo's nicely with the Executioner to re-roll 1's.

Similar for The CCS they camp in front of pask as an extra road block if need be and the CC mans the quad gun. Kurov's Aquilla gives PE to the Plasma Gunners making them a nightmare as they ignore cover from his orders! Also Camo'd up to he eye balls to stay safe.

Chimera Vets aim to reach out to midfield/backfield objectives to take and hold them. (I play a lot against unbound armies so often I nab these due to being battle forged.) Melta/Plasma to be sent where they are most effective.

Finally Scion's in Vendettas for late game Deep Strikes on in contested objectives, or simply drop them where they are needed the most either in support of vets or to be a nuisance in the enemy backfield.

Vendettas do what they have always done and blow other fliers out of the skies or simply offer heavy fire support where needed.

List comes to just under 1850.

Thoughts/Ideas are appreciated. This list is for fun/semi competitive games to be used against a variety of armies.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi, I really like this list, you have some potentially lethal units and the force is very mobile. The only issues I have is that there are not many bodies which would slow you down but would provide a firebase and that the army is fairly short in range. In my experience with guard I have always had greatest success with either a static force with tons of bodies and lots of long range heavy weapons or loads of units in transports. You have gone for the mobile lots of units option but putting scions in vendettas, while sometimes useful, is risky as you lose them when they get shot down. Also that means there is less targets on the board. If possible get them transports or switch them out for an extra couple of vet squads in chimeras.
Really like it though, should be fun to play.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did consider dropping a Vendetta and both Scion squads to add in a Demolisher and Vets with 2x Flamers and a Heavy Flamer in a Chimera with Heavy Flamer.

It would add some anti light infantry/horde as well as giving me another solid scoring unit and fire magnet in the Demolisher. However I sacrifice 3x TL Lascannons and Vendetta Mobility. Also one Vendetta is vulnerable to being a fire magnet to all my opponents anti air. Also 2 Scion Squads give more flexibility than one vet squad.

I could drop both Vendettas and scions add the Flamer vets and add Two Demolishers for a very high pressure spear head force. Not a lot of people I come across expect such an agressive army when I tell them I'm bringing my Guard. It's always fun to see their reaction.

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It is difficult as there are so many themes to pick with guard. i like the list you have i would just have more transports. Dropping the planes and taking demolishers is loads of fun and can be devastating. I've done it before and rolled all hits one game, missed everything the next. The main thing is not going half and half - personally i like the original list - never leave home without 2 vendettas!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts