Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
THe thing I have found with IG is that while they make awesome allies they dont do well with allying in.
It seems they can cover lots of holes but their holes are much harder to patch. Ive tried to ally in BA and GK in 6th and then laid off of them so far in 7th.
The main thing about mech vets is they suck at close up work.
Drop pods can wreck your day or a good unit of assault troops etc.
Also vendettas are they worth it now?
Three las shots 2 of them are twin linked BUT how many times have they let me down? Many many times. BS 3 is rough, even tl.
I use to run 4-5 vet sqds in chimeras with auto cannon crews but Im thinking more of las cannons. I dont think your going to see many horde armies any more and if you do 2-3 wyverns and a manitcore makes horde jelly. The las cannons are for knights and other large tough vehicles/units.
Protecting the back field that is your question seems to me. I think a knight can do this I have never faced one BUT I have discussed this with alot of folks who have. They are susceptible to melta and las fire they can only put shield up on one side and it is a 4+ so 50/50 on top of that.
So there again drop pods and deep striking angels with grav guns inferno pistols and melta will make short work of a lone 350 point unit.
I would drop the grenade launchers and replace with melta.
THink I made more questions than I answered. But I think I would use more vet squads instead of allying in. UNLESS you ally in a psyker that can summon then maybe things get interesting.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.