Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
Only thing that really stands out to me is the fact that you're only filling 1 Vendetta--I'd rather drop the Chimera that only has a IS in it in favor of a SWS with 3 flamers, 2 flamers and a det charge, or something. If you drop the IS that was in that Chimera too, you can almost afford a 2nd Wyvern!

I prefer putting a lot of melta on a Veteran squad, to be honest. The added BS is great, even if you're firing one less shot--you also have a lot more bodies to soak up wounds before pulling meltagunners. If you have the points, you can even buy Demolitions--since you're rushing up close to get into Melta range, you might as well have enough meltabombs to scrap a Knight!

Taking Vets would mean shifting those IS squads over into the first platoon, if you still have points for both of them, but you still have your 2 Troops choices (one of which is 3-7 units, depending on objectives, kill points, intended orders, and other deployment choices), so you're doing pretty good, in my book.

The Demolisher will always be snap firing with its lascannon, if it fires its main gun, thanks to the crappy wording of the Ordnance/vehicle rules, so I'd drop that upgrade you're paying points for--rather snap fire 3 HB shots, or something.

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
I might consider moving the Chimera on the PCS onto the CCS, instead--maybe even add camo to it, too, so the Chimera behind the ADL has a 3+ cover save that the lascannon inside is firing out of.

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
plus 15 points for camo a little bit too expensive maybe
Agreed--which is why I'd only do it on a CCS Chimera, which would be sitting behind the ADL so that it could be still and fire the lascannon every turn.

Yeah, it does hurt the mobility a bit--no getting around that fact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.