2 IS w/2 AC

Fast

2 Vendettas (seperate)

Heavy

Wyvern

Demolisher w/Lascannon

Aegis line

Break down of the list:

The CCS will sit at the back of the Aegis giving out orders and offering up some support fire. The Tank commander & co will sit back too and try to fit in behind Aegis if possible and use the split fire order for that extra flexibility. Would love to have sponson plasmas but needed to go with HB to make the list viable.

The flamer PCS will ride in a Vendetta. The IS's will be split into 2 blobs of 20 so a bit more survivability against flamers. I might split them down further since the Psyker will go in IS for chaff, who will be giving twin linked goodness to the Executioner and the platoons.

The Commissar with the power fist will go with the conscripts. The power fist gives the unit some power if they need to distract something like a Riptide or Eldar equivilant. Also cos 30 guys with FRFSRF and prescience, holding/storming objectives depending on what needs to be done.

As for the two units in Chimeras: The PCS will act as backup command for orders and a pillbox. I know only 2 models can shoot from hatch but with meltas the whole point is to drive straight up to the enemy to that 2D6 range and only BS 3 hence 4 meltas instead of just 2. The IS in the 2nd Chimera. 3 main things I wanna achieve with this: 1) In conjuction or even by itself can be stuck somewhere in front to help absorb charges and general cover. 2) 2 units can shoot from it so AC and GL can still shoot out and 3) Can help take objectives with the PCS's.

Need I say anything for the pair of Vendetta's? Twin linked lascannon fun and transporting.

The Wyvern again some excellent anti-infantry artillery and the Demolisher with Lascannon for 10pts yes please. Given the range of the Demolisher it'll push forward and perhaps make way for the Chimeras.

Some of this esp the IS in the Chimera and conscripts w/commissar and PF, this was inspired through watching some battle reports and seemed to work real well for those players. Figured I make the best of both worlds and make a kinda hybrid thing going.

So ye critisice away.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I know the psyker is a freebie slot but you still have 4 slots used with a CCS, Tank Commander and 2 Commisars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep Psyker and Commissar are both exactly like that. They don't take up HQ slots and hence how I can seemingly have 5 HQ's. Only the tank commander and CCS take up slots.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
And I fail at reading, I got to the Lord Commissar slot and didn't read further :p

I honestly don't see many tweaks to the list that could improve it.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Only thing that really stands out to me is the fact that you're only filling 1 Vendetta--I'd rather drop the Chimera that only has a IS in it in favor of a SWS with 3 flamers, 2 flamers and a det charge, or something. If you drop the IS that was in that Chimera too, you can almost afford a 2nd Wyvern!

I prefer putting a lot of melta on a Veteran squad, to be honest. The added BS is great, even if you're firing one less shot--you also have a lot more bodies to soak up wounds before pulling meltagunners. If you have the points, you can even buy Demolitions--since you're rushing up close to get into Melta range, you might as well have enough meltabombs to scrap a Knight!

Taking Vets would mean shifting those IS squads over into the first platoon, if you still have points for both of them, but you still have your 2 Troops choices (one of which is 3-7 units, depending on objectives, kill points, intended orders, and other deployment choices), so you're doing pretty good, in my book.

The Demolisher will always be snap firing with its lascannon, if it fires its main gun, thanks to the crappy wording of the Ordnance/vehicle rules, so I'd drop that upgrade you're paying points for--rather snap fire 3 HB shots, or something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehe funny you should say that Mossy Toes. Cos apart from the Vendettas, which I am a firm believer that it's 2 Vendettas or no Vendettas. I know someone on this forum shares this view. Anyways here's an alternate similar list to what you're proposing:

1850 List
So I've come up with a 1850 list and wanted some input:

HQ

CCS w/Lascannon

Tank commander w/Vanquisher+Lascannon + Executioner w/sponson HB

2 commissars w/1 power fist

psyker

Troops

PCS w/4 meltaguns

2 IS w/2 AC + GL

spec weps w/3 flamers

PCS w/2 plasma guns in Chimer w/HF + Dozer

IS w/AC + GL in Chimer w/HF + dozer

IS w/AC

30 Conscripts

Fast

2 Vendettas (seperate)

Heavy

Wyvern

Demolisher w/dozer

Aegis line

Also yes dammit you are right as well had to drop the Lascannon on the Demo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also just wandering why no one ever recommends Taurox transports? Armour isn't as good but it does have basically the same access and more firing points. Plus twin linked autocannons.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I might consider moving the Chimera on the PCS onto the CCS, instead--maybe even add camo to it, too, so the Chimera behind the ADL has a 3+ cover save that the lascannon inside is firing out of.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have 3 vendetta models. 3 is really one too many and 1 is 1 too few. 2 does seem to be the magic number. Have you played this list yet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not this list specifically but my 1500 lists run with quite similar formats and ye 2 Vendies seems to be that magic number. Have yet to try out an 1850 list. The Russes are a must but the Vanquisher I've only ran a couple of times before as an experiment. Tried to take out one of those dammed annoying Tau Broadsides. Managed to chip away a couple of drones in 1 round of shousting.

I'm always strugging against deciding when to zoom and hover especially since they're loaded and I can only move 6 and unload or zoom and do grav chute. How do you use your Vendettas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also the Chimera switching to CCS with camo thats not a bad idea am quite jiving for it but it does negate the mobility element i spoke of before plus 15 points for camo a little bit too expensive maybe

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
plus 15 points for camo a little bit too expensive maybe
Agreed--which is why I'd only do it on a CCS Chimera, which would be sitting behind the ADL so that it could be still and fire the lascannon every turn.

Yeah, it does hurt the mobility a bit--no getting around that fact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts