Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys looking for opinions on my list.

HQ:
Eldrad
Maugan Ra

Troops:
10 DAs(330)
Exarch (PW&SS, Disarming Strike)
WS (BL, SC, HF, VE)
10 DAs(340)
Exarch (PW&SS, Disarming Strike)
WS (EML, SC, HF, VE)

Fast Attack:
5 Warp Spiders (120)
Exarch (TWDS, Fast Shot)

Heavy Support:
9 DRs (Starshot Upgrade) (374)
Exarch (EML, Flakk, Fast Shot)

2 X Fire Prisms (HF) (280)

Thanks for the help guys!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I love the Dark Reapers (I really do) but it's a disaster waiting to happen. T3 3+save are too easy to kill, and 374 points is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for unit of missiles.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Agree with the above. 9 is excessive. Drop it down to 5 or 6.

That's two expensive characters too. Personally I'm not sure about Eldrad, so id take him out. Personally I'd take a single farseer instead of both.

That'd leave you with some points for more troops. You need more men on the board.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You've dumped 400pts into 2 characters; this is an awful idea. I'm not a fan of Eldrad, especially in a list where he basically has to join a DA squad, where his power is wasted inside a tank. At least drop Maugan Ra for more mans. I'd also thoroughly recommend dropping Eldrad for one of the basic HQs (Autarch/Farseer/Spiritseer). I think lists should default to the Farseer, although I prefer a couple of scoring Wraithguard units, so my personal preference obviously goes to the Spiritseer.

On your troop units- drop the exarch; he's just not worth it. Disarming Strike is pointless when you die in melee anyways, and PW+Shimmershield is just too expensive when you can achieve basically the same effect through cover. I also prefer Scatter Lasers over Bright Lances on Serpents, since it TLs the Shieldgun, but whatever floats your boat.

You also don't have enough scoring.

Warp Spiders are great, and you've set them up fine.

Dark Reapers are bad. You've basically spent 374pts on 10 Sisters of Battle that have missiles- that's a bad idea. If you expect them to act as AA, you're wrong- they can only kill one flyer per turn, and are stupidly easy to kill before your opponent brings their planes on. If you're really hurting for AA I'd just bring 2 Crimson Hunters for cheaper.

Fire Prisms are great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've taken some of your advice and adjusted the list:

HQ:
Maugan Ra
Farseer (Spear) (105)

2x Warlocks (Spears) (40/per)

Troops:
10 DA (290)
WS (BL, SC, HF, VE)
10 DA (300)
WS (EML, SC, HF, VE)

2 X 10 Guardians (SL) (110/per)

Fast Attack:
Warp Spiders (120)
Ex (TWDS, FS)

Heavy Support:
6 DRs (Starshot) (260)
Ex (EML, Flakk, FS)

2 x Fire Prism (HF) (140/per)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Warp Spiders, Fire Prisms, Guardian, Farseer and Warlocks are all fine.

Dire Avengers are pretty good, but I'd drop each squad down to 8. The Vectored Engines are OK, but I think you're better off removing them to save points and get a similar effect by just manoeuvring correctly.

Normally I'd say they were OK, but you are seriously lacking in AA. I'd try and find some points to get a Crimson Hunter in. I'd say take Maugen Ra out to get his points back. I'm not sure he's worth that much. Not an expert on the Phoenix lords though.

If you make the following adjustments you will save a stack of points:

-Remove 4 Avengers and Vectored Engines upgrade.
-Remove Maugen Ra.
-Remove all spears from Seers.
-Remove the Reaper Exarch.

That gives you 322pts to play with by my reckoning. That's two Crimson Hunters.

Think about it and see how you find it.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I endorse the above statement

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't agree with removing the Dark reaper exarch - he is the reason you take that unit. keep him or replace them with something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts