Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Heretics. I've recently come back to 40k after taking some time off and have only played a few games of 5th edition, before that I hadn't played since 3rd. I used to play Alaitoc/ Black Templars and am now thinking of polishing off my Eldar army. This list was designed to play against MEQ armies in 2/3 of my games as 14/20 play them at my store.

HQ: Yriel

Elites: Fire Dragons(5) w/ Wave Serpent(spirit stones, TL Shuriken cannon)

Elites: Banshees(10) Exarch w/ executioner, war shout, acrobatic. Wave Serpent(spirit stones, TL shuriken cannon)

Troops: Dire Avengers(10) Exarch with 2xSC, bladestorm, defend. Wave Serpent(spirit stones, TL shuriken cannon

Troops: Dire Avengers(10) Exarch with 2xSC, bladestorm, defend. Wave Serpent(spirit stones, TL shuriken cannon

Troops: Guardian Jetbikes(3) 1x shuriken cannon

Troops: Guardian Jetbikes(3) 1x shuriken cannon

Heavy Support: Fire Prism

Heavy Support: Fire Prism

Heavy Support: Dark Reapers(5) Exarch w/ EML, Fast Shot

This comes out to exactly 1850. The idea is to have a good shooting base while the whole army is mobile(except the reapers) with yriel and the banshees for melee support. I was thinking of dropping a few abilities to free up 75 pts or so for a vyper with a BL but I'm not sure if I'd need it. So how do you guys think this list would do against Space Marines? Any trouble with certain armies you can see from first glance? Any advice/tips very much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
If you want the ultimate space marine killing weapon swap out the fast shot and EML the dark reaper exarch has and swap for tempest launcher with crack shot. Assuming accuracy with both templates are ok should get around 6 hits at least that wound on 4+ with a re-roll and it is an AP3 weapon that ignores cover-ouch!

Also banshees operate much better when twinned with a dooming farseer. dropping a few points here and there (such as the defends from the avengers) to squeeze a basic farseer with doom power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yours is the first opinion I've seen/heard that even recommends using a tempest launcher, everywhere else I've heard it's crap and to avoid it. The defends and extra banshees were only in there as fillers but I could try and drop some abilities and two banshees and maybe some other upgrades and fit in a farseer.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Ya just need to use it right. It is the better upgrade since people often choose the EML to bolster anti-tank. However whilst the tank is being shot at the remaining reapers can do diddly squat against it. The tempest launcher supports the reapers at what they do best. Blowing up Meq units. Even if hiding in cover.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Good points by Stephen_Newman.

I don’t use Reapers, so I can’t vouch for their effectiveness.

Banshees do indeed do a lot better with a Farseer, as much as I like Yriel.

Lastly, drop one unit of bikes or decrease your DA units a bit. You’ll need BL badly in order to kill armor. The Prisms may not be able to go at it alone if you’re facing a horde list.

Solid otherwise.

good hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts