Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

After reading through the codex, here is my take on a "good" Khorne Daemonkin list.

Blood Host Detachment (56#, 1617 pts)
1 Chaos Lord (Sigil of Corruption; Juggernaut of Khorne; Lightning Claw x1; Power Fist x1)
1 The Blood-forged Armour
8 Bloodletters
9 Chaos Space Marines (2x Meltagun)
1 Aspiring Champion
1 Chaos Rhino
4 Possessed
1 Possessed Champion

1 Gorepack, 512 pts
2 Chaos Bikers ( Meltagun x2)
1 Biker Champion
2 Chaos Bikers ( Meltagun x2)
1 Biker Champion
10 Flesh Hounds
10 Flesh Hounds

Maulerfiend, 130 pts (2x Magmacutters)
Maulerfiend, 140 pts (2x Lasher Tendrils)
Soul Grinder, 165 pts (Phlegm Bombardment)

Combined Arms Detachment (18#, 231 pts)
Herald, 115 pts (Juggernaut of Khorne; Exalted Locus of Wrath)

7 Chaos Cultists, 58 pts
1 Cultist Champion

7 Chaos Cultists, 58 pts
1 Cultist Champion

So, failry simple. Cultist are their to die. Each one of my Hq goes in the Flesh Hounds and Scouts. Maulerfiends rush the board with the Soul Grinder moving up Bombarding things. The 2 Bike squad can go hunting tank. Possessed just take objectif or support when needed and for the bloodletter, they will arrive by deep strick to support my assault unit. The CSM are here for objectif graber with their Rhino.

So, what do you think about this. I never played a game with Khorne Daemonkin yet. Anyone who played before are welcome to share their experience. Thanks a lot

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I figure the Cultists can be included as part of the Slaughter Cult (then, hey, they even benefit from the bonus Blood Tithe reward), and you can take 3 squads of 5-odd Flesh Hounds instead of the 10 the Herald would join. This gives you some more speed bumps, different MSU targets, more units you can assault in to tie up enemy shooting very early, and overall, more Blood Tithe points when they finally get dragged down.

Still, very much like it overall. Good mobility, good array of threats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My experience with Daemonkin (1 game I managed to play) is this:

- You never have to worry about Blood Tithe.. more often than not I had 6-7 to use per turn
- Hounds in small quantities will get tar-pitted by a msu of marines, so having a lord with them is a must
- Soul Grinders are brilliant, finished off a dreadnought and thunderwolves in close combat all by his lonesome
- Don't waste points on summoning Bloodthirsters of Daemon Princes, even Blood Crushers are a better choice
- once your squads start getting thinned out, they become surprisingly uneffective. I remember failing to wipe out a devastator squad with 3 possessed and 4 hounds while the stupid marheens laughed off the attacks with their 3+ save while slowly taking wounds away from hounds

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok,

So changing the Herald for more dogs and i caneven put a Rhino for the Possessed. Don't spend points on Daemon Prince and bloodthirster.
Now, again for the one who played Khorne Daemonkin, is the slaughter cult a must have or a CAD is enough? I would love to change the possessed for some bloodcrushers and i feel that objectif secure will do more for me than one point a turn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you want Bloodcrushers, I'd summon them rather than include them in your CAD, since they are too costly

The extra Blood Point is not necessary at all, what makes me want to use it is the 2nd free reward

1 - 6 of 6 Posts