***Troops***

9x Khorne Berserkers, champ with MeltaBombs

8x Khorne Berserkers, champ with MeltaBombs

8x Khorne Berserkers, champ with MeltaBombs

***Fast***

2x Heldrake with Baleflamer

***Heavy***

3x Land Raider with dozer blades and dirge caster

Khârn joins one of the Berserkertroops, the sorcerer joins another.

***Testing***

So far I played vs a necron flyer heavy list in a purge the alien mission.

He played 3 annihilation barges, 4 night scythes, each carrying 5 immortals inside and two squads of 6 wraith with a destructor lord with mindshackle scarabs.

This was a very easy game for my list. Only his 2 destructor lords were a thread to my land raiders, so I stayed away from his wraithtroops and started decimating them with my land raiders until they were few enought to get mopped up by Khârn and his friends. The heldrakes stayed out of combat as much as possible and went as often to the active reserve as possible.

What do you think of the list, are there any lists in the current meta, that could handle this list with ease?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
It looks very solid, only thing I could see this struggling with are terminators. If kharn dies and your in combat I can see your berserkers being tar pitted. Another issue might be the low model count for the points value, you might be over stretched by a horde army. For flyers you could swap out the bale flames for hades on the drakes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I like the idea with the hades cannons. I am so used to automatically equip the baleflamer, that the thought hadn't occured to me yet.
Regarding the terminators: If I can manage to charge them and they don't have a higher initiative, I think I can handle them with the berserkers and Khârn: 44 Attacks with rerolling misses and strength 5 should be enought to kill a lot of anything :D Next game will be vs Grey Knights. There I will see if terminators are really a problem.

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
I disagree with the above.

Against Hordes:
-Your LR's will hopefully get rid of anything moving quickly towards you
-You will be able to use the Heldrakes flamers to remove more models then that auto cannon ever will (against ground)
-Just vectorstrike against air units and if needed use those twin-linked Las cannons! I hear you have 6!!

Against Tough opponents (Termies, lots of high str shots etc.):
-First remove their mobility.
-Once they are foot slogging start playing cat and mouse shooting them up with the LC's as well as using the heldrakes. The biggest downfall to Termies is volume of fire not strength of shots ;). Then once the number is fairly low then roll forward, fire pistols, and assault.
- If the opponent has a lot of heavy shots coming at you make sure to rotate your lead LR so that they keep getting cover saves from smoke and being obscured. This will help them stay alive longer while you deal with threats in the proper order!

Honestly I think your army is fine the way it is. Its themed, its strong, and it will still require you to be tactically sound.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
I disagree with the above.

Against Hordes:
-Your LR's will hopefully get rid of anything moving quickly towards you
-You will be able to use the Heldrakes flamers to remove more models then that auto cannon ever will (against ground)
-Just vectorstrike against air units and if needed use those twin-linked Las cannons! I hear you have 6!!

yeah i forgot about the heldrakes there so i agree about that. 6 twin linked lascannons isn't going to be able to take out that many fliers. Even with re-rolls the 6's are not going to come up that often. I wouldn't want my heldrakes to be taken out of their way to vector strike flyers. I'd want them roasting whole squads of MeQ each turn.

Against Tough opponents (Termies, lots of high str shots etc.):
-First remove their mobility.
-Once they are foot slogging start playing cat and mouse shooting them up with the LC's as well as using the heldrakes. The biggest downfall to Termies is volume of fire not strength of shots ;). Then once the number is fairly low then roll forward, fire pistols, and assault.
- If the opponent has a lot of heavy shots coming at you make sure to rotate your lead LR so that they keep getting cover saves from smoke and being obscured. This will help them stay alive longer while you deal with threats in the proper order!

Yes you can still beat the terminators with proper tactics but it will be harder than most other armies, especially dark angels with their turn one deepstrike. They would put you on the back foot straight away, then all it takes is a couple of squads of heavy weapons the threaten the land raiders. Neither side would auto-win but all i'm saying is deathwing would be harder to deal with than most other armies.

Honestly I think your army is fine the way it is. Its themed, its strong, and it will still require you to be tactically sound.
Yeah i forgot about the heldrakes so my comments about horde armies are pretty much invalid.

Also what powers do you use on your sorcerer? I would guess biomancy if he's going to be in close combat.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Hmm, looks pretty good. I imagine that the Immortals had Tesla weapons rather than Gauss, otherwise your Land Raiders would have been swiftly reduced to so much scrap.

Lists that could beat this? Blood Angels with 2 anti-tank equipped Stormravens--that's a lot of multi-melta and lascannon fire. Plus, say, some lascannon Devastators hugging the back field. Somebody at my FLGS runs this list, and while it's light in scoring units, it would kill your Land Raiders pretty quick, I daresay.

Also: Necrons with Gauss, Eldar or Dark Eldar with Haywire (and Lance) weapons, and Tau with EMP--autoglance weapons are going to hurt, when your opponent can/actually does field them. Plus Lances that lower the AV of your tanks to 12, of course.

Plus, say, a Daemons Flying Circus army list. 5 or 6 Monstrous Creatures who can Smash for S10 attacks to crack open your Land Raiders. You can charge them after being forced to disembark (assault vehicles, whee!), sure, but at I10 and I9, Bloodthirsters and Keepers of Secrets will shred much of your unit/kill Kharn in a challenge before they/he can strike.

A list heavy in meltas would rely on chance, but could still kill this. A melta in melta range (assuming no cover for the Raider) has an roughly 20% chance of blowing up a Land Raider outright--if your opponent has 2 squads blasting meltas point blank into a Land Raider, the odds are that he's going to be able to crack it open.

That said, any army fighting this list is going to have a tough time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the comments.

What the sorcerer is going to take depends on the enemy list. Right now I am switching between telepathy and biomancy. I am still testing whats best against what. So in the game I tried telepathy, got shriek, puppet master and the thing were a squad loses fearless. Unfortunately I rolled an 11 when trying to make the wraiths lose fearless... So I have still to figure out and test whats best.

You are right, he had played tesla immortals. Dont get me wrong on my initial post, I wasn't scared of his air, but my heldrakes were never able to vector strike due to hammer and anvil and good flyer positioning on his side.

About the deamon flying circus: ouch that sounds nasty.
Against Dark Angels deepstrike turn 1 I guess a good castle deployment might work, but thats just a guess.

The real question is: Do I invest about 200€ to buy the missing 2 Land Raiders and the 8 Berserkers? And the time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts