·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Combined Arms Detachment) Selections:
Crimson Slaughter

HQ
Kharn the Betrayer
Blessing of the Blood God, Champion of Chaos, Fearless, Furious Charge, Independent Character, Mark of Khorne, The Betrayer, Veterans of the Long War
Aura of Dark Glory, Frag Grenades, Gorechild (*), Krak Grenades, Plasma Pistol, Warlord

Sorcerer
Champion of Chaos, Independent Character, Psyker
2x Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Gift of mutation, Ichor blood, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar, The Slaughterer’s Horns
Force Weapon
Force Axe
Troops

Chaos Cultists
19x Cultists in total, 19x Cultists with autopistols
Cultist Champion
Champion of Chaos
Auto Pistol
Chaos Cultists

9x Cultists in total, 9x Cultists with autopistols
Cultist Champion
Champion of Chaos
Auto Pistol
Chaos Cultists

Cultist Champion
Champion of Chaos
Auto Pistol

Fast Attack
Chaos Spawn
Fear, Fearless, Mutated Beyond Reason, Rage, Random Attacks, Very Bulky
Mark of Nurgle (*), 5x Spawn

Heavy Support
[FW] Kharybdis Assault Claw (Imperial Armour 13)
Access Point: Kharybdis, Assault Vehicle, Drop Pod Assault, Heat Blast, Independant Gun Spirits, Inertial Guidance System, Infernal Relic, Transport Capacity: Kharybdis
5x Kharybdis Storm Launchers, Melta-ram

Maulerfiend
Daemon, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die, Move Through Cover, Siege Crawler
Daemonic Possession, Lasher tendrils

Maulerfiend

Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Allied Detachment) Selections:
(Core Codex)

HQ
Sorcerer
Champion of Chaos, Independent Character, Psyker
2x Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar, The Black Mace (Cursed, Daemon Weapon)

Troops
Chaos Cultists
Cultist Champion
Champion of Chaos
Auto Pistol

Fast Attack
Chaos Spawn
Fear, Fearless, Mutated Beyond Reason, Rage, Random Attacks, Very Bulky
Mark of Nurgle (*), 5x Spawn

Heavy Support
Maulerfiend

I've been told my list is illegal in the sense your core army can't ally with a supplement, where I play it's legal. You can always make this list double CAD by switching over 1 cultist squad to make it legal.

A list that includes chaos and imperial armour. Simple strategy is kharn and 19 cultists go in the Kharybdis and come down on turn one. 3 fiends and 2 spawn stars rush up and assault like most chaos would. The point of this is to force armies to have countless targets turn one as by turn two your 12" moving fiends and spawn stars are going to get in assault by turn two (not to mention kharn too). Scatter badly with the Kharybdis no problem as you can just flat out 18" with the kharybdis in the shooting phase because it's treated as a skimmer while in hover mode as it lands first turn. The way I roll the sorcerers is they both roll telepathy (usually getting at least 1 invis along with other telepathy goodies) and invisible what seems necessary whether a specific fiend, a fellow spawn star, or kharn or the kharybdis. Cultists are my personal preference as I find CSM best troop choice is spamming the shit outta cultists. The only weakness I see so far is no anti-air, which flying tyranids lists is what troubled me in the games played with the unedited list. Lack of anti-air is something I can live with this list as this is an all out ground unit assault list, the only anti-air you'll be getting is the Kharybdis with its 10 str 6 ap 5 twinlinked shots. As always feedback is appreciated and would love to hear what you think of my list!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've been told my list is illegal in the sense your core army can't ally with a supplement, where I play it's legal. You can always make this list double CAD by switching over 1 cultist squad to make it legal.
Who ever told you it was illegal was wrong. Read your Codex, it says that Crimson Slaughter (or Black Legion) count as CSM for their allies chart, but can also ally with CSM. This also has meant the transitive property allows you to ally to Black Legion (or Crimson Slaughter) if you wanted to if you were one of the others, OR could have all 3 in 1 (1CAD CS, 1AD CSM, 1AD BL or any combo of the 3, so long as the ADs aren't the same as the CAD.)

The strange one is actually Iyanden supplement, as that is the only one that can't ally to the core codex as it says they can't. Thogh Iyanden can use the special wargear in the main codex, so long as they do not have a combination of special wargear from the core and supplement on the same character. Also they get several bonuses like Spirit Councils and Wraithlord / Wraithknights as leaders if they want of their army. The only restriction is that their Spirit Seers MUST take a perticular special primus rather than the normal one.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Also remember the Kharybdis is a flyer in hover (so is treated as a skimmer), so it tends to not land badly.
Skimmers can move over all terrain, ignoring all penalties for difficult terrain and Dangerous Terrain tests. However, if a moving Skimmer starts or ends its move in difficult or dangerous terrain, it must take a Dangerous Terrain test. A Skimmer can even end its move over impassable terrain if it is possible to actually place the model on top of it, but if it does so it must take a Dangerous Terrain test.
If a Skimmer is forced to end its move over friendly or enemy models, move the Skimmer the minimum distance so that no models are left underneath it.
AND under the deepstrike rules
+
Deep Striking units may not move any further, other than to disembark from a Deep Striking Transport Vehicle if they are in one.
+
They count as having moved in the previous movement phase, and vehicles count as having moved at Combat Speed.
So this indicates that Deepstriking is a move, and as such a skimmer can reposition to not be on top of friendly or enemy models at the end of its move and needs to be moved to closest edge... So it can not mishap (unless it falls off the board), but may have to take a dangerous terrain check if on difficult or dangerous or Impassable terrain in which case you only immobilise yourself (boo hoo hoo).

Also if i remember right the Kharybdis has Assault Vehicle rule, so on turn 2 you could move the 12" for skimmer then deploy out your 6" from the sides then assault if you left the troops inside the pod on your T1 drop.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Following your logic on that stuff and I agree, but I have one question about this:

Also if i remember right the Kharybdis has Assault Vehicle rule, so on turn 2 you could move the 12" for skimmer then deploy out your 6" from the sides then assault if you left the troops inside the pod on your T1 drop.
Sometimes this issue pops up in my games too, but BRB says this:

A unit that begins its Movement phase embarked upon a vehicle can disembark either before or after the vehicle has moved ... so long as the vehicle has not moved more than 6".
Is there something in the skimmer section that would allow them to move 12" and then disembark troops?"

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Is there something in the skimmer section that would allow them to move 12" and then disembark troops?
Not in my BRB, and I love my skimmer transports. The assault vehicle rule merely allows an assault to be preformed after the unit disembarks (or is forced to disembark due to a wreck).

I like this list and would be pleased to play against it, though I'm not sure how it would do up against a strong Tau or Guard gun-line army.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the replies!

Also remember the Kharybdis is a flyer in hover (so is treated as a skimmer), so it tends to not land badly.
I didn't mean land badly such as landing in terrain, I meant like scattering away alot from where you wanted to land, thus the kharybdis can just do it's flat out move instead of shooting 18" (unless it cant but i swore skimmers could).

though I'm not sure how it would do up against a strong Tau or Guard gun-line army.
I made this list to deal with those shooting armies and force a lot of multiple threats turn one (sicne kharybdis give you that guaranteed turn 1 drop in). Also it's all close combat so I can get in close combat with those shooty armies that generally suck in CC atleast compared to CSM (and of course Close combat is fun!). I played my first version of this list (the one in the OP is edited) and it forced tau many turn 1 options and got me in combat with tau in turn two and ended up winning.

Appreciate the replies, any more comments on the list is appreciated!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I play a very similar style with my Blood Angels: fast moving transports, jump infantry, and drop pods all designed to get me in close by T2. Glad to hear that you came out on top!

·
Registered
773 Posts
What I was saying about the landing badly though is you could intentionally land yourself on your target unit you wish to devour with your guys inside. If you get a hit, then you would have to be moved to minimum safe difference to not hit them. So if you place them on the centre of the unit but slightly off to the side you want to be on if you strike in against a blob. If you get a scatter, you shouldn't be able to scatter more than 12" minus the distance you placed yourself from the outer edge of the unit away from the enemy... and you can always move the 6" then disembark 6" and still assault on that next turn if you stay inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts