Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my current design for an army for a local 1850 ITC event. The Coteaz is there since my local meta has very few LoW and so I do not want to be seized on a 5+, I am contemplating dropping the rangers for a squad to hide Coteaz in but I haven't decided yet.

Eldar CAD

Farseer: Skyrunner

3x Windriders: Scatter Lasers

3x Windriders: Shuriken Cannons

5x rangers

Wraithknight, sword and board

Lynx: Pulsar

Aspect Host

5x Warp Spiders

5x Warp Spiders

3x Repaers, Starshot

INQ: Coteaz

TAU Allied Detach.
Fireblade

6x Strike team

1x Riptide, Ion Cannon, SMS EWO (Interceptor) and stim injectors

3x Broadsides High Yield Missiles, SMS, Skyfire, Interceptor

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Eldar CAD

5x rangers

I haven't had a chance at Mymeara yet beyond bits and pieces. Is the Lynx no longer a LoW? CADs only allow one, and I'm pretty sure ITC have their own LoW limitations, too.

TAU Allied Detach.
Fireblade

6x Strike team

1x Riptide, Ion Cannon, SMS EWO (Interceptor) and stim injectors

3x Broadsides High Yield Missiles, SMS, Skyfire, Interceptor
Broadsides can only take a single piece of wargear, which means either the EWO or the VT, and not both.

Have you considered an Aegis? You could hide Coteaz behind it, let him run a Quad gun (which gives you skyfire and interceptor), and then a LARGE squad of Strike FW with the Fireblade boosting their output. I know that you're taking them mostly just because you want to spam broadsides (which are autocannon stats, btw) and the Riptide, which you could still take.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help! With the 60 points I could also drop the rangers to get the aegis line. I just worry that I won't have enough fire power to dissuade deepstriking grav, though the riptide does help with that.

ITC allows one lord of war but lynxs are now just heavy support :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep one support system, and my list didn't have skyfire due to my misreading battlescribe. Still though I am mainly worried about grav cents hitting the knight

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Thanks for the help! With the 60 points I could also drop the rangers to get the aegis line. I just worry that I won't have enough fire power to dissuade deepstriking grav, though the riptide does help with that.

ITC allows one lord of war but lynxs are now just heavy support :)
Aegis with a Quad gun is 90, if my memory serves correctly. Keep the interceptor on the Broadsides; with their output of firepower even snap-shotting against the fliers you're decently in good shape, since they're twin linked. I'd definitely use whatever points are left to add more Fire Warriors, to get the most use out of your Fireblade for the least wasted points.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about this option? A nova charged riptide is a bout as good as the sides! I could also drop the pathfinders to improve the FW

Eldar CAD

(aspect host)

5x Warp Spiders

5x Warp Spiders

3x Repaers, Starshot

TAU CAD
Fireblade

6x Strike team

6x Strike team

4x Pathfinders

1x Riptide, Ion Cannon, Fusion EWO (Interceptor) and precision shots (had an extra 3 points)

1x Riptide, Bust, Fusion EWO (Interceptor) and stim injectors

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
You'll need to tell me ITC rules... Can they run two full CADs? Are they only allowed one formation? Etc.

If you're going to use the Precision Shots item (Advanced Targeting System), run it on a Burst cannon, since that's a lot more dice to get 6s. keep in mind that a charged ion shot is a blast, and so it CANT skyfire. you've lost most of your accurate anti-air with this configuration.

Alternatively, I might recommend (if ITC allows you to stack formations) running two of the new Firebase Support Cadres. Each one is 1 Riptide + 2 units of Broadsides. They dont' have to fire at the same target, but if they do they get Tank Hunter and MH.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
So based on what I'm reading, your initial list was illegal.

A Combined Arms DETACHMENT.
An Allied DETACHMENT.
An Inquisition DETACHMENT.
and a Formation DETACHMENT (the Aspect Host).

Indeed, right now there's no way for you to run Eldar, the Aspect Host, Coteaz, AND Tau together, since the rules state for ITC no more than 3 detachments.

You can either fold the Spiders and Reapers back into your Eldar CAD, OR find a Vyper and some Warlocks to run the Craftworld Warhost, which would allow you to take the Aspect Host (and the Wraithknight)... but I think you'd lose the Lynx.

Hmm. I have another idea. Are you set on having Coteaz? Because you can drop him, and with an Aegis with Icarus, you can put the Fireblade and the Fire Warriors together. The Fireblade has Splitfire, so he can man the gun with BS5, while a large Strike squad benefits from double shot.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep just saw that, I like that a lot. Even better then the fire blade the reaper exarch would be better as he gets 2 shots! He would be BS 6 too

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
yep just saw that, I like that a lot. Even better then the fire blade the reaper exarch would be better as he gets 2 shots! He would be BS 6 too
Doesn't the Reaper Exarch already have access, if he wanted, to anti-air firepower? Skyshot missiles or whatever?

You can totally use the Reapers behind the Aegis if you wanted, but then you have less use for the Fire Warriors, which I assume were just tax so you could get your battle suits in the army.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He and his squad re-roll when shooting at swooping or zooming flyers and they ignore cover, people tend to forget how potent anti-air they can be

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
He and his squad re-roll when shooting at swooping or zooming flyers and they ignore cover, people tend to forget how potent anti-air they can be
Dark Reapers:

Exarch is BS5. They can ignore Jink saves, not all cover saves. They can reroll against Swooping, Zooming, Turbo-Boosting, or Flat-Out. Exarch can upgrade to Anti-Air if he wants by upgrading to an EML.

Fire Warriors:

Fireblade is BS5, and has Split Fire. Guns are far less impressive than the Reapers, same strength, 1/3 less range, less AP. Same rate of fire using the Fireblade as the swarm missiles. HOWEVER, when you calculate the cost of Fire Warriors, you end up with double the shots on the same cost.

So with either option running a Quad Gun, you have BS5. You can't re-roll a reroll, so the twin-link on the Aegis Quad Gun negates the Reapers being able to reroll against anything in the air using it's zoom save. The Reaper will get to fire more shots with the Aegis, while the Fireblade will let the Fire Warriors fire more shots, and at a different target, while the Reapers will HAVE to fire at whatever the Exarch is shooting at.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good point, though with the Aspect host it would bump the exarch to BS 6. I will probably keep them closer together depending on what I face, either will do a pretty good job. With the reapers being Slow and Purposeful I can always move them away fro the gun too and hand it to the fireblade

1 - 14 of 14 Posts