Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out of the game for a while now. Looking to start list building up an army. I want straight chaos, versatile, and tough. Here's what i'm thinking. I dont know the meta atm so it could be terribad.

Lord w/JP, AoBF, Mok,Sigil-150
10x CSM w/Vets 2x MG, Rhino w/Havoc, Dirge-222
10x CSM w/Vets 2x MG, Rhino w/Havoc-217
10x CSM w/Vets 2x MG, Rhino w/Havoc-217
15x Cultists-70
15x Cultists-70
7x Raptors w/MoK,PW-160
Heldrake w/Hades-170
Heldrake w/Hades-170
Pred w/HBs-95
Pred w/HBs-95
Havocs w/4x Autocannons-110
Aegis w/Quad-100

Lord and raptors run behind a couple rhinos and press a flank.
Culties go reserve and walk onto rear objectives or just hang behind aegis.
Havocs sit on aegis and sgt mans quad.
Heldrakes cause hell opening up transports and flyers.
Preds go after light armor.

Not very gimmicky, just a lot of shooting. Some mobility.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
For a real competitive setting I humbly suggest this:
- no Jump packs, Bikers instead. Faster, stronger.
- 2X10 cultists are more than enough
-you are really going to struggle against TeQ, you should need a counter, or dedicate your lord to that role exclusively. (Meltaguns are not enough, since they are going after vehicles, being your only anti heavy in the list)

You have a very good antiair and lots of troops wich is good. maybe too much anti-horde?

Reactions: NightlySyns

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Made some mods. Bikers are definitely the better option over Raptors. Much more for a few points. Dropped some cultists and added some Plasma to help with termis.

Lord w/Bike, AoBF, MoK, Sigil, MeltaB-160
10x CSM w/Vets 2x Plas, Rhino-215
10x CSM w/Vets 2x MG, Rhino-205
10x Cultists-50
10x Cultists-50
7x Chaos Bikers w/2x Plas, Mok, MeltaB-225
Heldrake w/Hades-170
Heldrake w/Hades-170
Pred w/HBs-95
Pred w/HBs-95
Aegis w/Quad-100

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Looks pretty good. One point of contention: I really think that with the Predators, Havocs and Quadgun, you dont need the low-BS HACs on the Heldrakes; instead, the insanely killy Baleflamers might serve you better. Wipe out Grey Knights Purifier squads in a single turn, inflict Instant Death on Sororitas, and generally be the bane of MeQ's existence. Try Vector-Striking a Rhino to crack it open (perhaps with the help of some back-field autocannons) then roasting the squad inside as they pile out packed closely together. Wonderful, marvelous!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Mossy has a point indeed. But...the heldrake can be very killy against ground forces with the vector strike alone and with the HAC retain a good amount of anti air power. I'd say just one of the drakes should go flamer, if any. Facing a necro flyier spam could be bad without two dragons spitting shells.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After reading that blog post and getting your guys feedback im stuck on 2 lists. Realized I probably didn't need 2 Cultist squads and wasn't really a fan of the Preds. They're cheap firepower but i've never really liked em.

Lord w/Juggernaut, AoBF, MoK, Sigil-170
10x CSM w/Vets 2x Plas, Rhino-215
10x Cultists-50
7x Chaos Bikers w/2x Plas, Mok, PF -235
Heldrake w/Bale-170
Heldrake w/Bale-170
Aegis w/Quad-100

I like this list because the troops will push up with the bikes and hopefully hit as the Heldrakes come on. The Havocs can open up light armor. Bikers are more CC then the other list. Feels like on TeQ killing power but bikes and plas squad can focus them.

Lord-MoN, Bike, Burning Brand ,Sigil, PF-180
7x Plague Marines w/ 2x Plas-198
10x Cultists-50
5x Bikers w/MoN, 2x Plas-170
Heldrake w/Bale-170
Heldrake w/Hades-170
2x Oblits w/MoN-152
2x Oblits w/MoN-152
Aegis w/Quad-100

This one is tougher, slower but is loaded with ap2-3. Less bikes but tougher. Oblits will probably be marching up with PMs to deny. Again, a tough list. Kind of want to squeeze out some points to put the PMs in rhinos. But Im not sure how useful they are in 6th.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Those two are some serious fluffy and nasty list. I like the second one more. With some tweaks it can wreack havoc.

About the first list:
-you are prone to hard counters from a Deatwing list or any heavy tank list. At 1850 in my meta i have sometimes to face (vs Space wolves) 2 land raiders filled with termins. And Lord apart, you have really few things to stop them. Still you will crush any horde or average Marine army. I'm not a fan of the havoc autocannon spam, just my taste. Beside, they will be painful!

About the second list:
love this list. really. The only thing you need is a couple of rhinos for extra mobility and tactical cover OR an extra hard hitting unit. Where to find the points is the question... all in all you could just try this list as it is and deice what to change depending on the outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts