·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ

Librarian (140pts) Nemesis Daemon hammer, Psyker [ML3] - Warlord

Librarian (140pts) Nemesis Daemon hammer, Psyker [ML 3]

Troops

Terminator Squad (195pts) 1x Nemesis Daemon hammer and 1x Psycannon.

Fast Attack

Interceptor Squad (150pts) Nemesis Daemon hammer, Incinerator and Justicar w/ Melta bombs.

Interceptor Squad (150pts) Nemesis Daemon hammer, Incinerator and Justicar w/ Melta bombs.

Heavy Support

Nemesis Dreadknight (220pts) Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon hammer and Personal teleporter.

Nemesis Dreadknight (220pts) Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Daemon hammer and Personal teleporter.

Lords of War

Kaldor Draigo (245pts)

I mainly play Astra Militarum these days, however I fancy a change of pace and I have enjoyed using Psykers a lot, so I have opted to create an elite force of Grey Knights.

I want to use a low model count, but still have a highly mobile force. I have built the force in such a way that I can use it either as a normal combined arms detachment (for objective secured) or as a Nemesis Strike Force. We do play a lot of Maelstrom missions so I think the shunt, gate and deep strike capability of this army will help a lot in objective based matches.

I like the look of the sanctic powers so I will probably roll on them for my psychic powers. If a Libby rolls sanctuary I would be tempted to combine him Draigo for the 2++ tanking. Or I will simply spread them amongst the three Termy squads.

Any thoughts on how I could improve the list are welcomed, I have been tempted to drop the interceptors to add in some Paladins, however I feel that may cripple my mobility.

Draigo is mainly in there for my own amusement, I know he's a bit of a points sink, but I have never had the chance to use a monster like him in CC, usually I am retreating from beatstick characters with my Guard. It should be fun to be the one kicking teeth in. I am open to alternative takes instead of him though as I doubt I will be taking him all the time.

Cheers,

Zen.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Personal preference would be to drop the Incinerators on the Dreadknights and upgrade their hammers to Greatswords. I might even lower the Libbies to Lv2, but that's up to you.

Extra points I'd throw some upgrades around the units; Halberds, Falchions, etc. With such a low model count, never hurts to make them have some more punch.
@MidnightSun?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I saw this but didn't comment since I'm pretty fine with it. I wouldn't bother with the Daemonhammers on the Interceptors but it's not an awful plan, and I'm not sure Heavy Psycannons are entirely necessary - a Comms Relay would serve you far better, I think. Draigo and a pair of Librarians is a tonne of points sunk into characters, but Draigo's a fun guy and Librarians supply much-needed Warp Charge and Telepathy/Divination. I would personally swap out a Librarian for another squad of GKT with swords - Xabre and I agree to disagree on upgrading GKT weapons - he thinks that since you have few guys anyway, may as well make them hit harder, while I believe that GKT's main advantage is their cheapness at 7pts less than any other Terminator, and you should endeavour to keep them very cheap - they still die badly to Plasma/Grav/Incubi no matter how expensive you make them, so just bring more dudes instead. Unless we somehow manage to record a set of games each against the same opponents using otherwise similar lists, both views are equally valid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, you guys have given me plenty to mull over.

I do like to change my lists up from game to game and I'm not too fussed about being uber competitive with my armies, which I find offers me a lot of flexibility as I don't feel the need for unit optimisation.

That being said I think I may drop the Daemon Hammers from the interceptors, as they already have melta bombs.

Interesting that you state the heavy Psycannons may not be needed, I plan on magnetising them so will definitely play a game with two firearms and one to see how they play out. The Daemon Hammers on the NDK's is just asthetics, I think they look bad ass toting hammers so they will probably stay with them, but the sword does look cool. I may try my hand at making them interchangeable.

Cheers,

Zen.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Xabre and I agree to disagree on upgrading GKT weapons - he thinks that since you have few guys anyway, may as well make them hit harder, while I believe that GKT's main advantage is their cheapness at 7pts less than any other Terminator, and you should endeavour to keep them very cheap - .
Dude. You were the one that had me considering spending all those points on Falchions!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Magnetizing the hammer and GS for the NDK is suppppper easy. I set both in minutes, took longer for the glue to dry then anything else ha!

I wouldn't upgrade the terms. I would just keep swords on them, with 1 hammer, and 1 psycannon.

I wouldn't drop the incinerator on the NDK. I would keep that on as well as the Heavy psycannon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts