Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So of course when I got my new book I realized I could bring back some razorspam shenanigans. Which I love. I still can't decide between White Scars with TLACs or Iron Hands with Las/Plas, but in until I do, my newest spur of the moment idea is free drop pods.

Gladius:

Demi #1
190 Vulkan
80 5x Tac (Meltagun, DP)
80 5x Tac (Meltagun, DP)
80 5x Tac (Meltagun, DP)
80 5x Assault (2x Flamer, DP)
220 5x Dev (Combi-Grav, 4x Grav, DP)

Demi #2
90 Chaplain
80 5x Tac (Meltagun, DP)
80 5x Tac (Meltagun, DP)
80 5x Tac (Meltagun, DP)
90 5x Assault (Combi-Flamer, 2x Flamer, DP)
220 5x Dev (Combi-Grav, 4x Grav, DP)

Stormwing
200 Stormraven (TLMM, TLAC)
130 Stormtalon (Typhoon)
130 Stormtalon (Typhoon)

=1830

20 pts and nothing that I really need. What do you guys think? Is the whole list garbage or is it worth streamlining? I do love the idea of drop pod devs with gravcannons. Almost as good as Cents, but at a great points savings. Especially with a free drop pod and doctrines.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Question 1. CAN Vulkan replace your Captain?

Question 2. On first turn, you will have at most 27 models on the board, with 3 fliers and the other 25 models trickling in. And I assume for your shenanigans, you want them near the enemy. Will you be able to weather that much firepower?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Yes. Khan, Vulkan, Shrike, and Lysander can all replace the captain and Cassius and Grimaldus can replace the Chaplain. It's in the footnote on pg 112.

2. Most of the time they probably should, but it will never be pretty. And not all will need to be close. Since they're all obsec, many will take up temporary positions on maelstrom objectives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts