Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to Warzone in November. Been working steadily on a Gladius and/or Lion's Blade list to run there. This is my latest variation. Versatility is they main theme... as well as scoring a lot of points.

125 Khan
90 Chaplain

140 5x Command (5x Melta, DP)
125 5x Tac (Gravcannon, Las/Plas)
80 5x Assault (2x Flamer, HF Razor)
80 5x Assault (2x Flamer, DP)
125 5x Dev (Gravcannon, Las/Plas)
125 5x Dev (Gravcannon, Las/Plas)

65 5x Scouts (BP/CCW, Combi-Plas)

140 Culexus

=1850

Base of the army is the 8 Las/Plas Razorbacks with Gravcannons. The two Tactical Doctrines I get should help out nicely. Even the Devastator SGTs Signum will replicate it's effect for their squad's gravcannon. It does break the "pods in odds" rule, but I only need one to come in first and I want one for late(r) game objectives. Two pods gives the flexibility to put down the best one at the right time. The Scouts, which I originally saw as a points tax to take the formation have picked up multi-role use. They could be distraction with early plasma, the threat of CC against squishy units, support for the Culexus, outflanking, and even still backfield objective holders. The culexus himself is still a threat using his inflitrate even if there are no psykers out. I'm hoping my infiltrators can take some pressure off of my scouting razorbacks. The razorbacks of course could scout aggressively or redeploy defensively if needed. HQs will probably join Assault squads since that's where they'd do the most good, but have the flexibility to go wherever I feel is best at the beginning of the game.

Worries... The one assault squad with the razorback, should it be heavy flamer, or would the heavy bolter be better in most occasions? Could putting Khan in the 2nd Drop Pod be a viable tactic for reducing my opponent for getting "warlord"? Is there anything better I could do with my Command Squad? Will the scouts, if properly placed, scare anything at all? Could the scouts at least tarpit units for a turn or two?

What armies / popular builds should I be affraid of?

I already know I'd hate to see a flying circus.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts