Ironclad Dreadnought
-hurricane bolter
-2 hunter seeker missles
-Drop pod

Ironclad Dreadnought
-Hurricane bolter
-2 hunter seeker missles
-Drop pod

Give it a read and tell me what you guys think. List was built for fun because i love ironclads. Also if you think it can be competative please comment!:read:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
HQ
Master of the forge
-Conversion beamer

Good.
Librarian
-epistolary
-null zone/gate of infinity
-(Goes with sternguard)
Gate of infinity is good, as long as your ok of the slight risk of losing one of those sternguard. Not sure about null zone (depends on who you play) but I've found that smite or might of the ancients gets more kills.

TROOPS
Tactical squad x10
-melta gun
-lascannon
-Sgt: power fist/combi melta
-Rhino
I would say drop the lascannon. A lot of points, and if they are in a rhino chances are they will be closer to the target, so I would drop the Lascannon for a multi-melta or missile launcher.

Tactical squad x10
-melta gun
-lascannon
-Sgt: power fist/combi melta
-Rhino
see above

Scouts x6
-Telion
-4 snipers
-missle launcher
-camo cloaks

Drop the camo cloaks. Telion gives his squad stealth by his special rule (stealth) and thats what you get from camo cloaks.
ELITES
Sternguard Veterans x10
-5 combi meltas
-5 combi flamers
-Sgt: power fist
-Drop pod
depending on who you play, I found that combat squad-ing these scores me more kills. Up to you really. Also, don't forget Sternguard marines boltguns get special amunition, which will come in handy if they are in cover, at a distance, or for higher AP guys (although beware of 'gets hot!'Also, hellfire is poisoned and automatically wounds on 2+. So I would save 2 - 4 at least with boltguns. Plus this saves you more points.

HEAVY
Ironclad Dreadnought
-hurricane bolter
-2 hunter seeker missles
-Drop pod
Good, so long as you aren't planning on assaulting. Ironclads are pretty good in assault though.

Ironclad Dreadnought
-hurricane bolter
-2 hunter seeker missles
-Drop pod
see above

Ironclad Dreadnought
-Hurricane bolter
-2 hunter seeker missles
-Drop pod
see above

Give it a read and tell me what you guys think. List was built for fun because i love ironclads. Also if you think it can be competative please comment!:read:
Note - it's a lot easier for people (in my experience anyway) to help if you put the squads point cost next to them.

Hope this helps mate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks clt and ultra for the posts.

I may swap the lascannon for missles.

forgot telion gives you stealth so ill scrub camo cloaks.

if i remember correctly sternguard still get access to the special issue ammo when using combi weapons.

Thanks for all the advice!! Will revise and repost.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
if i remember correctly sternguard still get access to the special issue ammo when using combi weapons.
Hmm...you may be right there actually. it does say in codex in front of me "including boltguns that are combi-weapon." So yeah I think I was wrong there, my bad. However if you find yoruself needing some points that will be a place you may be able to free up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.