Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my recent attempt at a foot eldar list, let me know what you think and what needs improvements. everything will be walking so I will try to have my troops sit inside some objectives while my lords walk forward and my scorpions outflank. what do you guys think?

Eldrad

Farseer
doom, RoWitnessing

8 Striking Scorpions
exarch, shadowstrike, scorpionsclaw

8 Striking Scorpions
exarch, shadowstrike, scorpionsclaw

10 Dire Avengers
exarch, sc, bladestorm

10 Dire Avengers
exarch, sc, bladestorm

10 Pathfinders

10 Guardians
scaterlaser, warlock, embolden

9 Warpspiders
exarch, ds, withdraw

Wraithlord
wraithsword

Wraithlord
wraithsword

Wraithlord
wraithsword

·
Registered
20 Posts
You're gonna have trouble with armor.

id be tempted to drop a wraithlord and put a bl on each, remaining points to fill out the spiders, should be fun to play with anyway!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd drop the upgrades from your DA's - dead troops don't need bladestorm. Also note that you don't need to take surprise assault on your warp spiders to be able to DS - that was last edition, this edition they can DS because they're jump infantry.
Finally, and as the above poster noted, you're going to suck versus certain armour. Specifically, fast armour: Tau, Eldar, and even to a certain extent space marines - because the land raider that drives up to you will disgorge assault terminators, who will kill your lords.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright yeah I think im going to be dropping bladestorm and maybe just take one squad of scorpions, Ithink two may be a little too dependant upon them, but yeah I ll rewwork the lsit and have it up shortly.

im not too sure if the spiders fit in here very well but Ill see what I can do with them and the DS is for the duel spinner upgrade.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
hate to admit, because this is a noble attempt at not mechanizing, but i would drop Eldrad, the Farseer, both DA units and the Guardians for bike units and/or Jetseer councils.

potentially replace the Wraith Lords with Walkers.

i know it's a step from what you're trying to do, but IMO your scoring units will get clobbered without any cover saves, limited range (18" Avenger catapult is not as good as the Guardian's EML/SL options) or vehicles to hide in.

i would also consider, if you truly insist on taking this, Eldrad or a Farseer with the Avatar and Harlies to screen your DA.

throw out Fortune like crazy and you could stand a chance.

good hunting.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hate to admit, because this is a noble attempt at not mechanizing, but i would drop Eldrad, the Farseer, both DA units and the Guardians for bike units and/or Jetseer councils.

potentially replace the Wraith Lords with Walkers.

now thats a plan right there, that list would be truly annoying. just the way i likes it.

ive never taken walkers how should I run them, should I seriously fill up my Heavy slots with them 9 walkers perhaps. that sounds like alot of shots,s alot of decent armour, and something to draw fire from me bikes.

sounds too good

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Scatter Lasers, FTW!!!

or if you want to go cheap use ShuriCannons. the most expensive item you want to put on a Walker is EML, no Star Cannons or BL. even the EML is considered sucky when you consider one Walker can fire 8 S6 shots. so 24 shots and x3 if you take 3 Walker squadrons at 3 each.

very popular maneuver.

good hunting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ummmm wheres your warlocks?

I would drop the guardians and get a body guard for the farseer or eldrad or both

A bike council is expensive but worth it especially in an anti tank capacity.

I would cut the pathfinder unit down by 2 or 3 run one unit of 10 scorpions and cut the gaurdians and one wraith lord.

just my 2 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts