Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HQ
Chaos Lord w/ Mok, Axe of Blind Fury, Juggernaught, VotLW, Aura of Dark Glory, Gift - 175
Chaos Sorc w/ ML3, familiar - 125

ELITE

TROOP
10x Cultists - 50
10x Cultists - 50
10x Chaos Space Marines w/ 1x plasma gun, 1x auto cannon, power fist, VotLW - 200
10x Chaos Space Marines w/ 1x plasma gun, 1x auto cannon, power fist, VotLW - 200
10x Khorne Zerks w/ power weapon, melta bombs, combi melta - 230
in rhino w/ havoc launcher, dirge caster - 52

FAST
Heldrake w/ baleflamer - 175
3x Chaos Spawn - 90

HEAVY
8x Havocs w/ 4x auto cannons - 154
Autolas Pred - 115
3x Oblits w/ MoN - 228

okay so a few things here off the bat, the dirge caster and havoc launcher i just threw on for more points, i didnt know what to do with them. Also the sorc, i wanted to run one cause it seems fun, but idk what the best use would be for him i nthis list, maybe ran with the oblits buffing them or something. i was thinking could just drop him altogether for a squad of termies (with a few other things dropped aswell) also i was thinking maybe investing in an aegis defense line because AA seems to be lacking, but im not sure. and then the other thing is idk about the powerfists in the marine squads. thanks for the feedback in advance

·
Registered
384 Posts
You might think about upgrading your lord's Aura to a Sigil of Corruption. I, personally, never leave home without my Lords/Sorcerers geared with 4++. I know you get extra tougness/wound from the Juggernaut, but it's something to consider. I love Sorcerers, but if you're lost as to what to do with him, dropping him for the Termies might be the better option. If you do end up taking him, have some idea as to what you want him to do, and give him better protection (Sigil or Terminator armor). Those 3 Mastery Levels on him are a big investment that should be protected so he can keep up his buffs. I'd have him buff your Chaos Marines and Berzerkers rather than your Obliterators; they'll benefit from them more. With the MoN, your Oblits are pretty well set.

If I were you, I'd take the autocannons off the CSM squads and add another plasma gun to each. 2 of the same special weapon gives them a specific role and keeps them mobile. You should probably change the Power Fists on your champions to Power Swords. If you've already modeled them, you can always call them lightning claws (as CSM powerfists do tend to look like LC's- a few added blades can make the difference). I'd take the Combi-Melta off your Skull Champion (better that he have the extra attack). Hopefully these changes will allow you to afford a second Rhino, which will be worlds of use. You might want to remove the Dirge Caster and replace it with Extra Armor. if you can afford it, maybe beef up your cultist squads to 15 guys each. If not, you might be better off combining them into one, 20-man squad. 10-man cultist squads tend to get wiped out like flies before they can do anything, in my experience. 8 marines for a Havoc squad seems a bit much; 6, tops, is usually sufficient.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts