Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my 1850 list for saturdays upcoming game vs guard let me know wot u think its my first time playing eldar all advice welcome

HQ- fARSEER w/ Runes of warding+witnessing, spirit stones, fortune, guide and mind war

TROOPS-5 WRAITHGUARD+SPIRITSEER w/ enhance+destructor mounted in WAVE SERPENT w/ vectored engines, spirit stones, star engines and twin linked bright lances
20 GUARDIANS w/ missile launcheer
10 DIRE AVENGERS w/ bladestorm

ELITES-8 HARLEQUINS w/ 6 kisses, shadowseer, death jester and a fusion pistol
8 HOWLING BANSHEES-exarch w/ mirrorswords, warshout, acrobatic mounted in a WAVE SERPENT w/ vectored engines, spirit stones, star engines, twin linked missile launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT-WRAITHLORD w/ 2 flamers, starcannon, missile launcher
WARWALKER SQUADRON w/ brightlance, starcannon X2
WARWALKER w/ 2 sscatter lasers

·
I Piss in your Cheerios
7,370 Posts
Vectored Engines have LITERALLY no effect unless you move Flat Out and are Immobilised while doing so. They are worthless. :)

In addition, IG tear Wraithlords to pieces, they have far too many heavy Weapons for you to deal with.

Finally, your list is illegal, in that those Wraithguard aren't Troops - you need a FULL squad to move them out of Elites, meaning they may not be in a Wave Serpent.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Farseers: Go with only 2 powers. Thats all you can use. Depending on what you want to do with your Farseer as to your powers.

The 5 wraithguard (takes 10 to count as troops) with the spiritseer in a wave serpent is nice. I like to run Yreil with them. I think Conceal is your best bet to give your guards a cover save from all the high power weapons that will be thrown at them. On the Wave serpent drop the vectored and star engines. You really do not need any of them.

With your 20 man guardians I would split them in two groups with platforms. EML are ok but look at scatter lasers for them.

Your Dire Avengers need a wave serpent to move around if you can. I would also go with dual cats on your exarch. Against Marines with a Ld 9 they will most likely pass their test. And if you get assaulted you did something wrong so drop Acrobatics. Their wave serpent again SS and EML is good the rest is a waste of points.

I have never used Harlequins but it looks good.

Wraithlords based on how you have them set up go with the BL and EML to pop targets and armor at range and keep the flamers for the assault.

The best load out for walkers are scatter lasers. I know that mixing the weapons is a no-no. See if you can get a falcon or fire prism in your list. Leaning more toward the prism.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Howling Banshees are good. I suggest that you go with an executioner. The three S5 attacks are better against MEQ and TEQ vs five S3 attacks. Look at dropping acrobatics and warshout.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Since you know this is against IG, I'd have these few things to say about it:

I am not too sure, but I dont think IG have ANYTHING that has an armor value of 2+ do they? If they dont, then I would drop any and every starcannon from this list. Too expensive a gun to have its primary function as a Termie killer be 100% not used. Scatter Lasers have double the shots for half the price with the same strength.

Dire avengers can absolutely destroy pretty much anything in the IG's infantry. Regular guys flat out die from a bladestorm that has both Guide and Doom. Be sure to throw them in a Wave Serpent though, or the guardsmen will get to shoot at them first.

At the same time, Guardians are not so great. They will get out mobbed by the guardsmen easilly as the IG standard weapon has double the range, for less points. (I think. I may be wrong though and a standard IG troop doesnt cost less than the 8 for a guardian) I love Guardians, but they dont win the mob war in this case. Maybe another squad of Dire Avengers? Cant go wrong there ;)

I....dont think Wraithguard are your weapon of choice against mob based armies. They kill vehicles, sure, but so do Fire Dragons at half the points. WIth only 5 shots in the group, they wont ever score alot of kills. And with Guard being so naturally squishy, its kinda like the Starcannon problem where you are bringing a bazooka to go deer hunting. Overkill.

If, after cleaning up your points heavy and half unused stuff, you have enough points, I suggest getting a second Farseer. You really cant go wrong with two Seers. Doom and Guide on your Dire Avengers, and Doom on your Banshees. With just that, those two units will make alot of kills against this enemy.

Good luck and happy hunting. =)

·
I Piss in your Cheerios
7,370 Posts
Howling Banshees are actually trash.

Also, Wraithguard don't actually kill vehicles.

lol

With non-AP1 weapons, you require an average of 3 Penetrating Hits to get one 'destroyed' result...there aren't EVER enough WG in a unit to average this many.

·
Registered
32 Posts
First of all your warlock can only have one psychic power, so enhance is more worth it. But as the king said against IG they are almost worthless. Instead of your farseer take eldrad, he is a little more expensive and has ALOT more abilities.

Also get rid of the guardians for more dire avengers with blade storm, and wave serpent need vectored engines as much as I need vypers, which means there worthless.

Get two shurikens for the exarch of the dire avengers, and put them in a wave serpent (the one ur banshees are in). Switch your banshees to striking scorpions, they have more attacks and thats what you want against IG and outflank them with shadow strike,a nd your exarch with chainsabres. And maybe find some points for a falcon instead of a wraith lord.

walkers should have the same weapons; because you already have a lot of troop killers maybe some bright lances for the leman russes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts