Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This list is for a RTT that is coming up in a couple of months. I was wondering if I should tweak it some more or if I should leave it like it is.

HQ

1 Autarch 130
jetbike, mandiblasters, laser lance

Troops

10 Dire Avengers 167
Exarch 2 avenger sc, bladestorm, defend

10 Dire Avengers 167

12 Gardian Jetbikes 264

12 Gardian Jetbikes 264

Fast Attack

5 Shining Spears 222
Exarch skilled rider, withdraw

5 Shining Spears 222

Heavy Support

1 Fire Prism 115

1 Fire Prism 115

3 War Walkers 180
all scatter lasers

Total 1846

PS
I was planning to use the large squads of jetbikes to sheild the Shining Spears and to be the fodder for the assult with the Spears. If second round of combat happens spears charge again or help were needed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This list is for a RTT that is coming up in a couple of months. I was wondering if I should tweak it some more or if I should leave it like it is.

HQ
1 Autarch 130
A fusion gun wouldn't hurt to get you some extra Anti-tank.
Troops
10 Dire Avengers 167
Nice
10 Dire Avengers 167
Maybe a PW & SS just for variety, as if the 2 untis are the same and an enemy can exploit them, then he will really be able to do it well to put the pain to you. maybe somthing like:
(152) 6 JB's, 2 cannons.
(212) 6 JB's, 2 cannons. Plus Warlock JB with Enhance.
12 Gardian Jetbikes 264
Too big and unwieldly to use effectively, I recommend breaking them down to 2 squads of 6 with 2 Shuri0cans each.
12 Gardian Jetbikes 264
Same as above; but here I would make the squads slightly smaller and add Warlocks on JB with Destructor and Spear, to give variety, added anti-tank and some Crowd Control or use on enemy in cover. Maybe something like:
(156) 4 JBs, 1 cannon; Plus Warlock JB with Destructor and Spear.
(76) 3 JB's, 1 cannon.
Fast Attack
5 Shining Spears 222
Solid
5 Shining Spears 222
You could go with 4 here if you need points, and maybe add the StarLance for some Inst-kill potential as well as added anti-tank potential.
Heavy Support
1 Fire Prism 115
1 Fire Prism 115
Love these guys and they can work without upgrades; but seriously, in compeition I think a Holo-field and stones are manditory, or they will get wasted as too many opponents will know how to limit their movement and range options.
3 War Walkers 180
all scatter lasers
Love it, but I would shave this down size wise to free up any points you need, even if it meant dropping it completely (which I don't think is the case)... 2 is probably good for size as their easier to keep safe, and maybe get a couple EML's (1 EML's each is pretty serious shooting believe it or not) in there to add to their range and versatility options.
Total 1846

PS
I was planning to use the large squads of jetbikes to sheild the Shining Spears and to be the fodder for the assult with the Spears. If second round of combat happens spears charge again or help were needed.

Jetbikes do make good Holding units; but (212) 6 JB's with an Enhancing Warlock and 2 Cannons is actually cheaper and easier to use than 12 JB's, and does enough to get the Spears into the right location while tieing down 1-2 enemy units, it would also allow for more overall options (such as those vehicle upgrades I spoke of, etc). Nice mobile looking army... a few tweeks and it should do well. You should also read up on "unconventional' tactics such as Range Sniping etc as you never know when something will come in handy during a RTT.

CaHG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thanks for the feedback.

I like my fire prism without upgrades, because I always feel that I waisted points and the last three RTT they all made it through round 6 in all games fine and with no upgrades.

Here are the changes let me know what you think.

HQ

1 Autarch 140
jetbike, mandiblasters, laser lance, fusion gun

1 Aurtarch 130

Troops

10 Dire Avengers 167

10 Dire Avengers 177
Exarch pw/ss, bladestorm, defend

7 Guardian Jetbikes 210
2 shuriken cannons
Warlock spear, destuctor

7 Guardian Jetbikes 212
2 shuriken cannons
Warlock enhance

Fast Attack

4 Shining Spears 202
Exarch skilled rider, withdraw, star lance

4 Shining Spears 202
Exarch skilled rider, withdraw, star lance

Heavy Support

1 Fire Prism 115

1 Fire Prism 115

3 War Walkers 180
all scatter lasers

Total 1850

·
Registered
280 Posts
Cool enough, I hope you have fun with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts