Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cheers for taking the time to read my 1st attempt to create an Eldar list!

HQ:

Farseer - 175
Singing spear
Runes of Witnessing
Mantle of the Laughing God
Eldar Jetbike

Warlock - 50
Eldar Jetbike

Troops:

10x Dire Avengers w/ Wave Serpent; TL scatter lasers, Shuriken Cannon - 260
10x Guardian Defenders w/ Wave Serpent; TL scatter lasers, Shuriken Cannon - 220

3x Jetbikes - 51
3x Jetbikes - 51

5x Rangers - 60

Fast Attack

Crimson Hunter Exarch - 180

5 xWarp Spiders w/ 1 x Exarch; Fast Shot, Spinneret Riffle - 149

Heavy Support:

2x Wraithlords; 2x flamers 2x BL, Ghost Glaive - 330

1x Wraithknight; Suncannon and Scattershield 1x Scatter laser 1x Starcannon - 320

Model count; 43 - 5 scoring units; total cost: 1846

As you may have guessed, the Warlock and Farseer each joins a Jetbike squad working as mobile buff/debuff platforms and late objective grabbers. Wraithlords main purpose is backing up the Wraithknight, potentially enganging encroaching units in cc (well, after flaming their butts). Avengers and Guardians are the main scoring units while spiders are harrasment and rangers mulitpurpose support/scoring.

Crimson Hunter, well I know there might be better options, but just love the damn thing ;)

I'm open to suggestions, as the list is the basis for my next purchases - other armies in my arsenal are Grey Knights and Tau, so all depending the 7th/6.5th debacle they are my ally options.

Once again thanks for reading, and any criticism is welcome - I'm new to theese guys, be gentle ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well first of all, a character with mantle of the laughing god cant join another unit because he loses the indepentent character rule. Secondly drop the scatter laser from the wraithknight, he can only fire two weapons and you should always be firing the cannon and the scatter laser. Imo id drop the rangers and throw 3 more jetbikes into one of the jetbike squads, then throw the warlock in with that squad and then after that give then two cannons from the points left over after dropping the starcannon from the wraithknight.

Also welcome to Heresy Online :biggrin:

Reactions: Nero

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
- smack -

First line in the description of the mantle, and I miss it; guess next round is on me?

Having no gametesting with the Eldars, would it be more prudent to drop the mantle on the Farsee, and stick him with a jetbike unit for survivability? Meaning it would be 2 units of 6x Jetbikes with only 1 cannon in each; using the points from the loss of rangers and starcannon?

Or should he just roam free with the mantle like a kid in a candystore?

List would be as follows with the Farseer roaming;

HQ:

Farseer - 175
Singing spear
Runes of Witnessing
Eldar Jetbike

Warlock - 50
Eldar Jetbike

Troops:

10x Guardian Defenders w/ Wave Serpent; TL scatter lasers, Shuriken Cannon - 220

6x Jetbikes 2x cannons - 122
3x Jetbikes 1x cannon - 61

Fast Attack

Heavy Support:

1x Wraithknight; Suncannon and Scattershield 1x Scatter laser - 300

Model count; 41 - 4 scoring units; total cost: 1847

·
Registered
720 Posts
- smack -

First line in the description of the mantle, and I miss it; guess next round is on me?

Having no gametesting with the Eldars, would it be more prudent to drop the mantle on the Farsee, and stick him with a jetbike unit for survivability? Meaning it would be 2 units of 6x Jetbikes with only 1 cannon in each; using the points from the loss of rangers and starcannon?

Or should he just roam free with the mantle like a kid in a candystore?

List would be as follows with the Farseer roaming;

HQ:

Farseer - 175
Singing spear
Runes of Witnessing
Eldar Jetbike

Warlock - 50
Eldar Jetbike

Troops:

6x Jetbikes 2x cannons - 122
3x Jetbikes 1x cannon - 61

Fast Attack

Heavy Support:

1x Wraithknight; Suncannon and Scattershield 1x Scatter laser - 300

Model count; 41 - 4 scoring units; total cost: 1847
Well first of all i would drop the RoW on the farseer, not worth the points really. The farseer is nice like this but although there are alot of ignores cover weapons. I'd say for this list drop the mantle put him in a squad of jetbikes then add 3 more jetbikes to the other squad. Then maybe drop a dire avenger for another cannon on the jetbikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts