Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,709 Posts
TL is short for Twin-Linked, which is handy thanks to the Serpents' mediocre ballistic skill. Being TL makes the Serpent probably one of our most efficient Bright Lance users.

The suggestion to drop the Avatar is most likely due to the points level at which you are playing. After you start getting into decently sized games there just end up being too many things that can easily wound the Avatar. Granted he is still tough and it will take a few shots but there will be more things wounding him on a 2+ and he will be too slow to get into combat. Granted he would be much tougher with Eldrad's Fortune support but that could require keeping Eldrad back from another squad that could benefit more from his presence (the Banshees).

You Dire Avengers being OK is due to them being almost the standard set up. You could give the Exarch dual catapults for more shots, and you would then be using the standard Avenger set up. Against Marines and such normal Avengers are likely to only cause 3-4 wounds Blade Storming and Ork Boyz should see about 11 dead. If you utilize you're 18" range well enough you won't likely be charged in the subsequent round, though you may be shot. The optimal Blade Storm situation would be to have a Farseer guide them and doom the target. This should roughly double the amount of kills a blade storm is likely to achieve. Of course it would either mean a 2nd Farseer or Eldrad in that Serpent.

Personally, I am a bigger fan of Pathfinders than Guardians. Pathfinders would be a major help taking out Terminators and MCs while still being far away with 2+ cover saves. Granted they die just as easy as Guardians to a flamer but they are much harder to get to if you are willing to move. The fact they ignore difficult terrain makes them that much better at avoiding enemies. However, they won't give the Wraithlords that Psyker support...

You priority is going to be popping transports, then Doom and/or Blade Storm (Guided) Banshee (Fortuned) the contents. Or kill the Tervigons, as their death will likely kill a good handful of their spawn. You don't need to be going too slow. Half the fun of Eldar is being much faster than other races due to our Grav Tanks. So do your best to pick and chose your battles, and pick off the stragglers.

· Registered
1,709 Posts
Your plan for where to put the HQ's should be fine. It gives the potential to Guide and Doom for the Avengers while still being able to Doom for the Banshees. Yriel added to that squad will boost up their kill count by a bit, but he should always be on the look out for a good chance to go LOLWTF! bomb a squad (Fortuned if able). Which means you shouldn't spread out too much, which is usually a bad thing to do anyway.

Even though I dislike Vypers, that set up is likely best one for them. The long range offsets their frailty. However, that is still one expensive model that is an easy KP. More Pathfinders may be the answer for you, though at that point your long range anti tank would be a bit low... Perhaps you could toss in some heavier guns in your HS.

If you are giving your Reaper Exarch Crack Shot then consider the Tempest Launcher. At 36" you could severely hurt any MEQ squad. Similarly, I pair up the EML with Fast Shot for a bit of an Anti Tank/ MC option. When I take my Reapers I almost always go with one of these combos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.