Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,275 Posts
first off, welcome to Heresy as to the list: the main issue is what models do you own. you mentioned you can't start another army, but what can you buy/borrow?

regardless, here's my advice.

drop the Avatar: put Eldrad with the Banshees.

take TL BL on the Serpent (all of them if you can do it)

Dragons are OK by me: a lot of people will say you have too many Fire Dragons, but at the same time, why not? an Exarch is OK, and more Dragons could mean they'll see play longer than one round. five of these guys is a suicide unit as far as i'm concerned, which, if you're gong to run them like that reduce your current amount.

lose he Vyper.

your Avengers look OK.

lose the Storm Guardians, add 5 Guardians to your standard Guardians, keep them in cover: get an EML, and give them Embolden. give your Warlock the Spirit Seer upgrade.

drop one Wraith Lord; either give EML/BL or go with a Sword + BL. the second option will keep the Wraithlord cheaper, and make your opponent reconsider charging your lines with most units. any opponents with PFs and rending weapons will shred through Wraith Lords.

if you have any points left try to get more DA in Serpents, or you could increase the size of your War Walker squadron, or even take Dark Reapers.

good hunting.

· Registered
2,275 Posts
oddly enough, these are my least effective units. They do nothing. I average 4-5 wounds per bladestorm, which my opponent usually saves, and then the avengers get charged and wiped out.
not a problem; ultimately it's your list, i just like thinking about 40K and building armies.

if your DA are ineffective, i would recommend one of two things: drop the Exarch and take 10 standard DA, or drop the unit to five for a fast annoying scoring unit in a Serpent. you'll see this set up (5 DA in a Wave Serpent) referred to at Heresy as a DAVU (Dire Avenger Vehicle Unit). very effective. even with TL BL you get a scoring unit for way less than 250 pts.

or you could take the Exarch with Defend, Shimmer Shield, and a PW. you reduce the number of attacks coming at your DA unit by one per model, so say you fire your Avenger Shuricats, and then assault. pretty nasty.

TL is short for Twin-Linked...The suggestion to drop the Avatar is most likely due to the points level at which you are playing.
yes to both counts, but more importantly, Eldrad with the Banshees will make them a more powerful unit. look at it this way, with Eldrad + Avatar your buffing one slow, pondering unit. with the Banshees, you're buffing 10 models that always go first in the 1st round of assault with PW.

with Eldrad there, you should kill at least one enemy model per turn, not to mention if you Doom the opposing unit you've tangled with, your Banshees' puny S3 is not so terrible.

good hunting.

· Registered
2,275 Posts
better list. personally, i'd go with more Pathfinders, and still drop the single Vyper you have, but TBH, two Vypers with the set up you have may not be as awful as we imagine.

good hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.