Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not too long ago I tried to do a dual god list with Slaanesh and Nurgle and it didn't work so well, leaving me with not enough anti-tank to deal with highly mobile speeders with rockets from some Marines. In response I switched out Nurgle with Tzeentch, who I've always been more comfortable with.

HQ:
-Fateweaver
-The Masque
(She never leaves Fateweavers side, she will be in whatever half of the army Fateweaver is 100% of the time and will always be in Fateweaver's bubble
-Herald of Tzeentch w/ BoT, MoS, WaL, Chariot

Heavy Support
2xTzeentch Daemon Princes
w/ BoT and DG

Elite
3x5xFiends of Slaanesh
w/ UM

Troops
9xHorrors
w/ BoT and Changeling
12xDaemonettes
12xDaemonettes

BTW, how awesome is the price of the Horrors compared to that of the Daemonettes? Just kind of worked out that way.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I love every part of this list with 2 exceptions.. one large and one tiny.
I hate the masque... I mean literal hate. I think she is utterly rubbish and just not worth her points. Putting her next to fateweaver means she isnt as ludicrously easy to kill as normal but she's still pretty soft... and her ability is still fairly pants.
The second is that I would give the daemonettes an enrapturng gaze: its cheap as anything and its beautiful to watch it work. In normal combats it'll not be massively helpful (sm combat squad could be reduced from 5 attacks to 4, thats not nthing) but its hilarious if you get a couple of them into base contact with an enemy dreadnaught (or immobalise it and have 1)- Ive used an isolated enemy dread as a 'bunker' several times for my daemonettes- I wont kill it quickly but if Im near an objective so long as its gone by game end thats fine, and with 0-1 attack it isnt going to do much of any damage to you).

On another note- have you ever had the changeling work for you... Ive used him in every tzeentch game Ive ever had and yet Im still batting zero. My record must bbe something like 0/30, I can understand that against Ld10 tanks... but when quite a few of those are Ld7 guardsmen it gets annoying. Its something of an in-joke now at my FLGS, its all but guarenteed that my changeling will never do anythign :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used the Masque with Fateweaver a few times now and one of two things always happens. Either she doesn't get shot at, since the enemy wants to bring FW down so badly and she can just be annoying/useful as hell, or she draws all fire, which (based on odds) takes about 20 shots off of FW, avoiding both wounding him and making him take dangerous leadership tests. Either side of that seems worth 100 points to me but I'll do some more testing.

I've had similar experiences with transfixing gaze actually and you're right, it's pretty nice. What if I drop Bolt on the horrors for it? I feel like I should have enough reliable anti-tank to do that.

·
Registered
816 Posts
One thought I had was to replace the regular herald of Tzeentch with the blue scribes. What's better than one BoT? Possibly two! I didn't do the math, but for a mere smidgen more than you're already spending, you'll get way more options.

Normally the blue scribes loose out to a chariot mounted herald in mobility and survivability. However, while the chariot's still a lot faster, keeping the scribes near Fateweaver will help their survivability tremendously.

Like you said. Fateweaver will most likely draw the bulk of enemy fire, leaving the mask and scribes free to unload on the enemy. If they elect to shoot at the mask and kill her, you still have the possibility of using Pavane. Since the scribes are an IC you can even join them to the mask and create a unit that benefits from wound allocation if you'd like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts