Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up until now I've been using mainly 3 gods, Slaanesh, Nurgle, and Tzeentch. I kinda want to drop it down to two, half because I don't like having Nurgle and Tzeentch in the same army since they are rivals, and half because I haven't been a fan of my horrors or Fateweaver as of late. Made up this list for 1850 to try it out

HQ:
KOS w/ UM 215
GUO w/ COF and BOC195

Troops
PB x 7 w/ IOC 130
PB x 7 w/ IOC 130
Daemonettes x 13 w/ TG 187

Heavy
2 x Nurgle DP
w/ IH, NT, COF, and wings 430
1 x Slaanesh DP
w/ IH, BOC, AOA, and wings 215

Elites
Fiends x 5 w/ UM 160

Total: 1849

-I'll probably group them with KOS and 2 DPs in one group and the GUO, another DP, and the fiends in the other group but that's obviously subject to change based on my enemy.

-This will be the first time I'm running a GUO and wasn't sure on using Ku'gath or not, thoughts? BOC on a GUO is 30 points right? I'm doing this from memory

-I'd run more fiends but I don't have any more atm. As a side thought, how do you guys group up your fiends? If I have 12 for example, would I be better off using two units or 3?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a side note I've also been really disapointed in daemonettes lately. I seriously hate khorne for fluff reasons though so want to avoid bl. I was thinking of using just one big squad of 20 daemonettes to give them a bigger advantage with the sheer number of attacks. I feel like 3 squads is too few though for anything over 1500, maybe even over 1250. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Up until now I've been using mainly 3 gods, Slaanesh, Nurgle, and Tzeentch. I kinda want to drop it down to two, half because I don't like having Nurgle and Tzeentch in the same army since they are rivals, and half because I haven't been a fan of my horrors or Fateweaver as of late. Made up this list for 1850 to try it out

HQ:
KOS w/ UM 215
Should have Musk too. Prevents him from being bogged down and makes him faster.
GUO w/ COF and BOC195
Drop breath. The GUO is good when kept as cheap as possible.

Troops
PB x 7 w/ IOC 130
PB x 7 w/ IOC 130
You rarely need 2 Icons. Consider dropping 1.
Why do they have Gaze? No need. Maybe bump them up to 15 or down to 10. Maybe you could tell why they don't work?

Heavy
2 x Nurgle DP
Good choice. Pretty standard shit.
1 x Slaanesh DP
w/ IH, BOC, AOA, and wings 215
Why is he Slaanesh? If you want bolt, go Tzeentch. Otherwise give him Pavane and make him cheaper.

Elites
Fiends x 5 w/ UM 160

Total: 1849

-I'll probably group them with KOS and 2 DPs in one group and the GUO, another DP, and the fiends in the other group but that's obviously subject to change based on my enemy.

-This will be the first time I'm running a GUO and wasn't sure on using Ku'gath or not, thoughts? BOC on a GUO is 30 points right? I'm doing this from memory
Kugath is a major point sink. Don't like him very much.

-I'd run more fiends but I don't have any more atm. As a side thought, how do you guys group up your fiends? If I have 12 for example, would I be better off using two units or 3?
Fiends should be in units of 5-6 to decrease easy KP and give them a chance to reach combat. And because the Elite section is jammed full of awesome choices.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I'll rebuild it a bit

HQ:
KOS w/ UM, SM 240
--25 for Soporific musk right?
GUO w/ COF 165

Troops
PB x 7 w/ IOC 130
PB x 7 105
Daemonettes x 12 168
Daemonettes x 15 w/ TG 215
--Had transfixing gaze just for a point sink since I had 11 left over
--The reason I've been having problems with them is because all they seem to do for me is die and fail to wound with abysmal toughness and strength. They just can't get through the armor of MEQs. I really would rather not use bloodletters but I might have to if this continues.

Heavy
2 x Nurgle DP
1 x Slaanesh DP
w/ IH, Pavane, and AOA 155

Elites
Fiends x 5 w/ UM 160

Total: 1498

Well, losing some of those point sinks made it kind of impossible for me to have a 1850 point army with just Slaanesh/Nurgle since I don't have the available models so I dropped it down to 1500. Next I was thinking more fiends and then maybe seekers but they'll have the same problems as my daemonettes

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Much better imo.
If the daemonettes aren't performing well it sounds like you have them get shot up too much. Well, they shouldn't be in your 1st wave since they die so quickly. Besides, its perfectly fine having them DS a distance away behind cover or your PBs. They do have fleet. And with their loads of attacks, high I and rending they should be able to even munch marines on the charge and reduce the incoming amount of attacks.

Remember, you'd rather charge the marines, kill a few and then take the returning blow than charge and murder them all. After all, the most optimal result is to kill some marines, hopefully winning you the combat and staying locked in it, then finish them off on his turn. This prevents the nimble daemons from being rapid-fired back to the warp. And the biggest reason why Bloodletters arent all that good. They'll just slaughter pretty much anything they hit (and if they don't, they are seriously screwed. Anything that can take their charge is either a nasty unit in cover or a big fat mob of boys.) leaving them vulnerable to return fire.

And seekers are pretty cool. Sure, they cost 3 points more but they can charge longer and gain +1 attack, so they aren't half bad. They are very good at supporting your daemonettes charges if your aren't confident you'll end out on top.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Consider taking skarbrand, His re roll to hits for the entire army really help high initiative models, and will make your daemonettes and fiends much more deadly. And if you hate the Khorne fluff so much, you could model him as a particularly spiteful KOS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts