Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
This list is something different than I usually do, I usually take Abaddon with Lightning Claw Terminators in a Raider with a couple of Rhinos and walkers running about. But I decided to go another route with it and it leaves me satisfied. Most lists I make I second guess but not this one, But wanted your guys' opinions on it.
Before you all comment I got some ground rules. I don't care about my spelling/grammer, if something is wrong, don't inform me please. Same as un-needed hateful comments. I hate shooting so keep is mostly CC. Least but not last, Every list I've ever made was about taking the big toys(Walkers/Tanks) with minimum troops. The theme is, Daemon Engines!

+HQ+

Daemon Prince (265)
-Daemon of Khorne
-Axe of Blind Fury
-Gift of Mutation
-Wings
-Power Armour

*Strategy: An WS 8, S9 on the charge Prince coming straight for you is very intimidating, I like the Axe due to Khorne, the god that prefers hand to hand above all. GOM for the extra, mysterious buff, cause why not? (Also starts in Reserve*

+Troops+
Cultists x14 (66)

Cultists x10 (50)

Cultists x10 (50)

*Strategy: Cheap Objective holders, nothing more, nothing less.*

+Elite+
Helbrute (105)
-Power fist x2

*Strategy: To charge into combat as fast as possible while other units (listed below) tie up the enemy so he can get the chance to get into combat without always getting shot down (happens 60% of the time)*

Terminators x5 (192)
-Combi-melta x2
-Power Axes x5
-Reaper AutoCannon

Terminators x5 (192)
-Combi-Melta x2
-Power Axes x5
-Reaper AutoCannon

*Strategy: it's just because they're Terminators, great, tough unit to show fear into the opponent. If the Minimum requirement for the Reaper AutoCannon was a squad of 3 list last Codex, I would've done that to save some points but oh well. I've tried deep striking them to shoot their meltas at a tank so other units could charge them but they died before I could and 1 unit misshaped and got places on a table edge.*

+Fast+
Heldrake (170)
-Baleflamer

Heldrake (170)
-Baleflamer

*Strategy: They're Heldrakes.....Enough said.*

Raptors x5 (120)
-Meltagun x2
-Meltabombs

*Strategy: they just hide and jump close to a tank to pop it, if the meltaguns fail, I'll charge it with the meltabombs and hope to blow it with some luck. Plus, they are the coolest looking models since they release the new box for them.*

+Heavy+
Maulerfiend (135)
-Lasher Tendrills x2

Maulerfiend (135)
-Lasher Tendrills x2

Forgefiend (200)
-Ectoplasma Cannon x1

*Strategy: Yes the forgefiend might be expensive and not do much, but I love the model, also fits the theme, but 50% of the time out of 2 games total, he's either done good, or died first turn. Maulerfiends reduce all base contact models by 2A, and they're just beast Helbrutes. They always successfully survive and kill at least 1 unit and some armies or some units in some armies are not made to take Walkers into CC so that's always a positive.*

That's the list, It's exactly 1850, I added all that I need to so I'll let you guys comment, tell me what you like, what you don't like, what I can do different. Remember, the theme is Daemon Engines!
Thanks for reading! :good:

·
Registered
866 Posts
As much as I love terminaters they are not that competitive. If you want to keep them lose the reapers give one all combi plasma and the other melta. Another thing is I deamon prince. Nurgle with wings gives you a constant 2+ cover save. Black mace for carnage. Smash makes all attacks ap2. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Welcome to the boards, man.
Let's start with C&C:
-Axe on DP is useless, he already has AP2 and really doesn't need the strenght buff. Save points!
-Cultists are ok, as far as they go...
-Drop terminators and raptors and the helbrute. You can then take the Mayhem Pack (a dataslate) consisting of 3 stock helbrutes, deepstriking, IWND...
-If you need some more meltaguns and plasmaguns, then go for the Isis-Terminators
3 Terminators, 3 combiweapons (112). You take two of these units one with combiplasma, another with combimelta or both plasmaguns or meltaguns. You deepstrike them, they shoot and then they die. probably.
-Drakes are ok, but i'd take one with hades autocannon to have some anti air
-Heavy support is ok.
This said, the list is NOT competitive, mind you.
Hope it helps, cheers!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Daemon Prince (265)
-Daemon of Khorne
-Axe of Blind Fury
-Gift of Mutation
-Wings
-Power Armour
I'd personally change this fellow up a bit, but let's look at what these other folks have to say on the fellow first...

-Axe on DP is useless, he already has AP2 and really doesn't need the strenght buff. Save points!
Well, D6 attacks are nothing to sneeze at. Certainly worth the points in the absence of other options. I don't really like the lowering to WS8, since that means WS4 enemies no longer only hit on 5s, though... especially when you have the Black Mace sitting right there for so little more than the Axe!

Another thing is I deamon prince. Nurgle with wings gives you a constant 2+ cover save. Black mace for carnage. Smash makes all attacks ap2. Hope it helps.
Like DaisyDuke says, the AP4 downside of the Mace is offput by being a Monstrous Creature with AP2 always, thanks to Smash--so you get Fleshbane, which will even give you 2+ to wound against Wraithknights and the like. It's a bit worse against vehicles, admittedly, but the sheer horde-killiness of its Aura of Dooooom, on top of the bucketloads of attacks it grants, makes it easily worthwhile. This fellow will take out full Tactical Squads on the assault. Or maybe, even better, will kill 9 of the squad and stay stuck in with the last fellow so he can't be shot at during the enemy shooting phase...

Another thing His Grace of Bellis pointed out: Daemon of Nurgle's Shrouded, plus a winged DP's ability to jink, means he can get a 2+ cover save wherever he goes, if he just prays to the Grandfather (especially since if you have Fleshbane from the Mace, you don't need Furious Charge!).

Helbrute (105)
-Power fist x2
I don't particularly like the Crazed ruleset on a melee-Brute--it's a 1/3 chance of sitting there doing nothing every time you lose a hull point. I'd honestly rather have another Maulerfiend for about the same number of points, that moves like a Beast and has either magma cutters or lasher tendrils on top of an almost-Helbrute statline.

Neferhet has an interesting thought here, with the Mayhem Pack--it would fit in with your wave of AV12 walkers, certainly!

It's... hard to be competitive with AV12 walkers in a meta that includes Wraithspam, Wraithknightspam, and Knightspam, admittedly. It looks like a fun list, just not one that's going to win serious competitions.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
It's... hard to be competitive with AV12 walkers
Ah! We'll see... i'll try to get that in my next list...

About the axe, well, you might be right, d6 attacks are good, but 1 in 6 is going to let your DP sitting sad like Armless Abaddon at the "grab-a-boob" festival...

Reactions: Kreuger

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have taken a Daemon prince of nurgle with the black mace before, But the Axe was something new, I've always loved khorne, but yeah. I've thought about taking 2 Daemon Prince(s) before, Axe and Black Mace, Would that be any good? With another HQ, it'll be around 500 for the both of them. But it's probably worth a try. You never know how good something is unless you field it yourself. What would your second Prince choice be? Say you took a Nurgle Prince with Mace, and adding another Daemon Prince?

But anywho, Tell me more about that 3 Helbrute deepstrike??? For the Helbrute formations, are they allowed in tournments and regular games? Or apocalypse?

Any comments on the Forgefiend?

For the Heldrakes, I'm probably going to have 1 Baleflamer and 1 Hades Autocannon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts