Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other list Im thinking of running is a 1850 all jump pack BA list...here it is..

HQ
Astorath - nuff said':220

Elite
Sang Priest x2 -MB, JP, PF on each: 210
Chaplain - IP, MB, JP: 145
Chaplain - IP, MB, JP: 145

Troop
Death Company x6 - JP, x2 PW: 240
Death Company x7 - JP, x2 PW, Lemartes: 390
Assault Squad x10 - x2 MG, x1 PF x1 IP(sgt): 250
Assault Squad x10 - x2 MG, x1 PF x1 IP(sgt): 250

Total 1850

My theory here would to assign a chaplain and priest to each assault squad, giving them FC and FNP along with the ability to re-roll all misses. Assign Astaroth to the DC without Lemartes, thus giving both DC squads liturgies of the blood, re-rolling all misses and failed wounds...with all the PF and MG/IP running around the table, i should be able to deal with any units of armor and or transports or MC. The squads are will most likely all be fearless thanks to Shadow of the Primarch. All in all I think this would be a hard list to overcome, but havnt play tested it yet, so I figured I would get some feedback on it first..

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good plan, but not having anti-tank is going to eat your lunch.

TBH the 390 pt. DC squad could be all sorts of anti-tank support.

and i'm not sure i would use DC. OK, they are great, but they end up being too expensive and they can't even hold objectives.

good hunting.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think I would drop the Sanguinary Priests for more DC bodies, DC & Astrorath makes them a little redundant really & those DC units are going to take a hammering. I would really get at least one power fist onto each of those DC units too! Some fire support might be nice, but in a list like this I think Honour Guard or Vanguard Vets are better synergy wise.

IN all honesty, the problem with these lists is you are lacking Vanguard Vets. Nothing you have can DOA in & charge in the same turn - tying up units in hth is crucial so that they can't charge/shoot your other units. You can either slog it across the board (admittedly with jump packs) or DOA in & get charged/shot up. That said, I do know of one all DC list that is similar to your list & that jump-slogs, it does quite well, very well against MEQs in fact, quite badly against Nids/Daemons.

Dallas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts