Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Got a list I'm considering taking to a local tournament. I tried to make it as rounded and aggressive as possible.

Bloodhost Detachment

Slaughtercult

Herald - 55 pts

Bloodletters x8 - One Bloodreaper - 85 pts
Bloodletters x8 - One Bloodreaper - 85 pts
Possessed x5 - 150 pts

Gorepack

Bikers x3 - Meltagun x2, Meltabomb - 101 pts
Bikers x3 - Meltagun x2, Meltabomb - 101 pts
Flesh Hounds x5 - 80 pts
Flesh Hounds x5 - 80 pts
Flesh Hounds x5 - 80 pts
Flesh Hounds x5 - 80 pts

RH The Purge

Command Squad - Covenant of Nurgle, Ordnance Tyrant (Warlord) - 85 pts

Zombies x10 - 30 pts
Zombies x10 - 30 pts
Zombies x10 - 30 pts

Griffon x 2 - Chemical Flamers - 70 pts
Wyvern x2 - Chemical Flamers - 110 pts

Rapier Laser Destroyer x3 - Extra Crew, Militia Training - 79 pts
Rapier Laser Destroyer x3 - Extra Crew, Militia Training - 79 pts

CSM Iron Warriors CAD

Sorcerer - Bike, Force Axe, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar, VoTLW, Meltabomb - 125

Obliterator - VoTLW - 70 pts
Obliterator - VoTLW - 70 pts

Havocs x5 - Autocannon x4, VoTLW - 115 pts

Rhino - Perdus Rift Anomaly, Dirge Caster - 60 pts

Total - 1850

How it Works

Using the legacy on the rhino, I have a solid chance of holding first turn if I won the roll off, and get a reroll to seize if I lost - even better if they bring a superheavy so I seize on 5+ rerollable. If I'm up against an alpha strike, the flesh hounds cover my board edge and force the enemy to deploy in small areas on my edge. Otherwise, they advance in a line to screen those behind them and finish the turn in the enemy deployment zone. The bikes advance towards the heaviest enemy armour, meanwhile, the rapiers and obliterators take shots at med/heavy vehicles or mc's, and the havocs pop open the light vehicles. The barrage tanks target the better enemy melee units, leaving them damaged or destroyed so my turn 2 charges can finish them off or tear into shooty units. The zombies hold objectives and bubble wrap the tanks if necessary. The sorcerer uses shriek and force to target appropriate units, whilst the rhino moves forward as fast as possible to unleash its possessed and the bloodletters deep strike onto objectives or into the enemies deployment.

With regards to blood tithe, I'll primarily focus on summoning hounds, and use the slaughter cults benefit to either give fnp or +1 attack to the letters and possessed.

It should be noted, the herald joins the havocs so that they generate blood tithe, the ordnance tyrant joins a unit of rapiers to get artillery toughness 7, and the sorcerer joins a unit of hounds to gain scout.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For chaos, rhinos are a dedicated transport so you will need some marines. Or the list becomes unbound.
It is a dedicated transport for the havocs as per the battlescribe app, and my understanding is that they can be deployed separately and the possessed then embark onto it. Is this wrong?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah havocs can take a dedicated rhino, and wow this list is very strong. I think you have covered all bases, with blood tithe as well! Good luck on the tournament, but I think you're going to do great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts