Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So because I hate myself, I agreed to play against a friend who's using the new Eldar: Craftworlds codex. I know he will be bringing a wraithknight, and we don't mind tailoring our lists to play each other. I believe we're playing maelstrom. I originally wanted to make a fluffy, all-slaanesh list to fight eldar, but I threw in a lot of Nurgle to help with the wraithknight. (Namely, the DP.)

If anyone else has advice for fighting the new codex, I'd also love to hear that.

Combined Arms Detachment: Crimson Slaughter
HQ:
Chaos Lord w/Terminator Armor, Mark of Slaanesh, Lightning Claw, Chainfist, Slaughterer's Horns; 167pts

Troops:
Chaos Cultists x20, autopistols, 110pts
Chaos Space Marines x8, Boltguns and Boltpistols, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of excess, 1x Meltagun: 175pts

Fast Attack:
Chaos Bikers x8, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, meltagunx2, Lightning Claw&Melta bombs on champ: 261pts

Heavy Support:
Chaos Land Raider, Dirge caster and Dozer Blade, 240pts
Havocs x5, 4x autocannons, 128pts
Obliteratorsx3, MoN, 228pts

Allied Detachment: Chaos Daemons
HQ:
Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Mastery Level 3, 1x Greater reward, Daemonic Flight, Warp-forged armor, 315pts

Troops:
Nurglings x3, 45pts

Heavy Support:
Soul Grinder, Nurgle, Phlegm bombardment, 180pts

Total is 1849

I realize the irony of spending more pts on my anti-wraithknight (the daemon prince) than the wraithknight itself costs, but I just really want to kill it. I'm hoping the balesword can make it happen, and three rolls on biomancy should give the DP a decent chance at Iron Arm. If he doesn't get iron arm, well...the land raider and obliterators have lascannons.

I know 8 bikers is a lot for one unit, but I really want to assault his warp spiders, because with their new flicker rule I don't see any other way to kill them. Any shooting attack, and they either leap out of range or out of LOS, depending on how we set up the board and how he deploys them. And then next turn it's 20 BS5 str6 rending shots. No, they need to die, and fast. The land raider and the bikers will rush his line, while the daemon prince hopefully gets the charge on his wraithknight.

Again, any advice for the new eldar would be greatly appreciated; thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My intention is to run the terminator lord in the Land Raider with the 8-man unit of CSM. They have the icon of excess, so he'll have FNP for the most part. Putting him on a bike would work, but I expect the bikes to attract a lot of fire. My biker lords always seem to die on turn 3-4 in my experience, maybe I'm too aggressive with them, but in the LR at least he'll be safe from scatter-laser spam.

Of course, if the wraithknight has two distortion cannons, the LR probably won't make it past turn 1, but every shot it takes at the LR is a shot it doesn't take at the daemon prince.

Biker lord would be 210pts with daemon heart, bike, power fist and lightning claw, Mark of Slaanesh, and Slaughterer's horns. It's a damn tough Chaos Lord, to be sure, but I feel I should try to keep him a bit cheaper since the DP is sucking up so many points. Not sure where I could find the fifty points to re-equip him like this.

I'm coming up with 128pts for 5 havocs(+ champ) and four autocannons. Not sure what to say. =\

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A unit of 5 havocs including a champ is 75. Then 4×10 auto =115
128 would be a unit of 6 with 4 autos.
My bad. I included the champ in those 5.

I plan to have the cultists sit in cover and hold an objective, hopefully. So long as I keep any template weapons away from them, a 4+cover save from ruins should make them pretty durable, and they'd have to lose 8 or more models before having a >50% chance to run. They've worked for me in the past.

I know I'm being obtuse about the wraithknight. I just really want to see it dead. I think the DP can do the job. If this were a tournament I'd go for a much more practical approach. But as its a friendly, I say why not try to kill the T8, 3+/5++/5+FNP Stomping jump Gargantuan creature?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.