Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What do you think of this list? Possible improvements?

The thought is that the Nurgle Lord and Sorcerer joins the spawn unit.

The Sorcerer goes for divination, and the powers I`m after are:
Forwarning to boost the survivability of the spawns.
Misfortune in case I meet oponents with hard saves.
Scrier`s gaze to get in my drakes fast or later if needed.
When I roll something else I swap for primaris

HQ:
Chaos Lord
Mark of Nurgle
Blight Grenades
Lightning Claw
Power Fist
Sigil of Corruption
Chaos Bike
Daemonheart

Sorcerer
Sigil of Corruption
Chaos Bike
The Balestar of Mannon

Troops:
Plague Marines x5
Meltagun x2
Chaos Rhino with Combi-flamer

Plague Marines x5
Meltagun x2

Plague Marines x5
Plasma gun x2

Chaos Cultists x10

Chaos Cultists x10
Flamer

Fast Attack:
Chaos Spawn x5

Heldrake
Baleflamer

Heldrake
Baleflamer

Heavy Support:
Obliterator x2
Mark of Nurgle

Obliterator x2
Mark of Nurgle

Best regards
Robin Johannessen

·
Registered
773 Posts
I can see not making the sorcerer Nurgle so you can get the 3 divination spells, but why not on the spawns giving them T6...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see not making the sorcerer Nurgle so you can get the 3 divination spells, but why not on the spawns giving them T6...
Because I forgot....jeezeez, how could I...
Thanks, that was a very good improvement :)

Less cultist then :)

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
It all looks quite nice, though that is a pretty points-heavy deathstar in the center, there (and somewhat fragile if you don't get Forewarning, T6 aside).

The only thing I would change about it, personally, would be to swap the combi-flamers on the rhinos for dirge casters. Then I would, I dunno, buy a few more Cultists to make your opponents to kill more to force a Ld check.

Edit: right, the Spawns. I assumed they had MoN, I guess. Important to get them that, I think.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Would also say the Slaughter Horn is great for its pts. +2 attacks on charge rather than just +1 and also the bonus 1S as well means your claw will be S5 on charge and fist will be S10.
If you are having to lose a couple of cultists for the marks of nurgle on the spawns (6 cultist I think) you might drop 3 more for the horn.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
No. The only specification is that it must be taken by a Lord. Otherwise, it's basically a suit of armor/an armor augmentation.

·
Registered
773 Posts
This guy is wearing Daemonheart armour (replacing his power armour), has the slaughter horn (replacing the hat) and carries the blade of relentless (replacing his CC Weapon)

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
No. The only specification is that it must be taken by a Lord. Otherwise, it's basically a suit of armor/an armor augmentation.
Ok, I dont see a rule saying it doesn't replace a weapon? The only rule on artifacts I see says they have to replace weapons unless otherwise stated.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Truth of the matter? The only Crimson Slaughter artifact that says it replaces something else is the Crozius of the Dark Covenant, which replaces a Dark Apostle's power maul. Not even the Blade of the Relentless says it needs to replace another weapon. But then... for the Balestar, Slaughter's Horns, Daemonheart and Prophet of the Voices nothing either. If we're going to go by the CSM 'dex's wargear options, every single one of those would have to replace a weapon.

...but then the equipment listed in the Crimson Slaughter 'dex to make a Lord as a legal Kranon the Slaughterer model is the Daemonheart, Slaughter's Horns, and the Blade of the Relentless (plus a plasma pistol and sigil of corruption).

My guess is that the BotR & CotDC should be swapped for a weapon, but not the other 4 artifacts. But GW is sloppy sloppy sloppy, so if you want to go strictly RAW..

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah, if you have to book it just says there is only 1 of each and on the ones that replace things it tells you they are replacing stuff.
The Black Legion codex is even better, the Spineshiver and Hand of Darkness both don't replace items either. Though I would also agree with Mossy that they probably should be.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The only concern I would have would be your obliterators. In 2 man squads if you lose one the squad will have to take an ld check. I have had them run off the board a few times because of that. I would drop down to 3 each by itself. It is a bit of a risk as you may give your opponent first blood, but since they are S&P you can stick them behind line of sight blocking terrain and move out and shoot to minimize this somewhat. In addition that would free up some more points for a few upgrades and possibly more bodies. I hope that helps best of luck and good hunting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts