Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've revised my counts as chaos list.
Basically the idea is this is a perfectly loyal BA list, I'm just using Chaos rules to bring back some of the troops-heavy old school vibe, while at the same time playing with some of the fun new chaos options.

1850 Points

HQ: 388
Slaaneshi Sorcerer 180
MoS, Familiar, Wings, Warptime, Lash, Icon, Force Weapon, BP
--The idea here is to bring back some of the old power combos. Here Lash and Warptime represent Fear and Veil of Time. I also wanted to try Lash. If it doesn't work out I can always drop it and the familiar, or give him something else. Could give him MoT and Warptime and just use his second psychic check for his force weapon, if that's legal

Tzeentch Daemon Prince 205
Wings, MoT, Winds of Chaos, Warptime
--This is the 'Ambitious new project' I posted before, essentially representing a super-modified Furioso Dreadnought with a jump pack and an amped up heavy flamer.

Elite: 244
8-Man Chosen 244
IoS, 3xMG, 2x PF
--The Icon of Slaanesh sort of represents the old furious charge we used to have. This is a theme throughout the list. These guys represent a Veteran Assault Squad, sans Jump Packs.

Troops: 560
10-Man Berzerkers 280
Skull Champ W/PF, Rhino
--This represents the old-fashioned walking Death Company, with the Skull Champ being a Chaplain (using the cool powerfist chappy model), mounted in a bare-bones rhino.

5-Man Noise Marines 140
Blastmaster

5-Man Noise Marines 140
Blastmaster

-- These units represent the old, cheezy 5 or 6-man Las/Plas squads. If I had the points I'd give them each a single sonic blaster to represent the plasgun, but as it is I'll use Lascannons for blastmasters. Cheap fire-support, and the MoS fits with the army theme.

Fast Attack 280
10-Man Raptors 280
IoS, 2x MG, Champ W/PF
-- A veteran Assault Squad WITH JPs, or maybe just a well-equipped normal assault squad ;-)

Heavy 250
10-Man Havocs 250
IoS, 4xML
--An old-fashioned Dev squad. This one happens to use one misile launcher from each edition ;-) I've got an old RT launcher, one of the top-feed style plastics from the 2nd ed boxed set, a genuine modern multi-part one from the 3rd edition boxed set, and my choice of either a low-grade plastic ML from the Macragge boxed set, OR the new plastic Devastator ML (I'll probably use the Dev ML)

Summoned 130
10-Man Lesser Daemons 130
-- I'm using Close Combat Scouts models for these, I figure their statline sort of reflects scouts, and the Deepstrike replaces Infiltrate. Just pretend they were hiding the whole time ;-)

All in all, it's a very troop-heavy, hybrid style list witha fair amount of mobility and assault capability, and a decent static firebase.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump/update:

No comments at all?

I was thinking about making the following changes:

Sorc: Change to Tzeentch w/Bolt of Change and Warptime (no icon or familiar)

Chosen: 1 PF, 2 MG, 2 Claws

Raptors: Drop down to 8, 1 Flamer, 1 MG

Noise Marines: Bump to 6 men each, w/ 1 Sonic Blaster (replicating 6-man las/plas)

Havocs: Drop to 8 man

This gets rid of the lash cheese but adds a mobile heavy weapon (basically)...I could write the power off as an amped-up plasma pistol. Slap on a scope and I'm fine ;-). The noise marines gain their special weapon and extra man to better reflect what they;re posing as, the raptors become more easily concealed and gain a little anti-horde advantage, without losing out much in anti-MEQ/vehicle since the sorc will be joining them with his bolt of change.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It's an awesome idea, as I've said to you before. Can't comment on the list in detail though mate as I haven't got the new Chaos 'dex.

Expect my Chaos "counts as Blood Angels" list... well, sometime.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking forward to it, Red.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just think in a few years blood angels will be the new khorne army

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
I was thinking of use chaos rules to similarly represent an Ultramarines army.

I dont think the DP fits as the nasty Dread... I think Chaoses dreads represent Furioso dreads perfectly. Other wise I would have no problems fighting this.

I think the daemons fit better as death company but the berserkers are just fine. I love the champion representing the chappy.

I think we will see more of these armies over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts