Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm planning a new list... thoughts and feedback on the below please.

Craftworld Warhost Detachment [Primary Detachment]:
Guardian Battlehost:
Farseer - 100
10 Guardians - (free weapon [Eldar Missilie Launcher]) - 90
1 War Walker - 2 Scatter Lasers - 60
1 Vyper - 2 Shuriken Cannons - 50
1 D-Cannon - 55

Heroes of the Craftworld:
Autarch: Fusion - 80

Engines of Vaul:
3 Falcons - 3 Pulse Lasers, 3 Scatter Lasers, 3 Shuriken Cannons - 405

Aspect Host:
5 Fire Dragons - Exarch - 120

Eldar Combined Arms Detachment [Secondary Detachment]:
Farseer Skyrunner - 115
3 Windriders - 51
3 Windriders - 51
3 Hornets - 6 Pulse Lasers - 240

Total 1837pts.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Well, there's no Wraithknight, so I salute you. However, then immediately went for the Pulse Hornets and small jetbike squads, so I take my salute back.

It feels like every other 'competitive' list. It takes bare minimum on a lot of units to get the tax over with, and get whatever freebies you can out of the newest 'super formations'.

Tactically, it looks brilliant; you'll cloudburst the 3 falcons with the Fire Dragons in them, have air support from the Missile Launchers, use small jetbikes for ObjSec while the hornets blast the crap out of stuff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. The Wraithknight is mostly missing because I'm too tight to buy one and I've never been a fan of the "living dead" side of the Eldar, fluff-wise.

The Pulse Hornets I make no apologies for because I had them in the previous edition too and they were solid then too. The two jetbike squads are, as you point out, a minimum tax to have the CAD so I can bring Hornets or Crimson Hunters. I don't really want them, I'd rather have Dire Avengers in Wave Serpents if I had the points.

The primary strategy is as you say to Cloudstrike the 3 Falcons in with Fire Dragons, send up the Farseer Skyrunner to Prescience and Guide them then with the Craftworld Warhost auto 6" run they become pretty deadly on arrival. I'd rather fit in a Crimson Hunter Exarch for air cover than the EML given the choice though.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
For the cost of the CAD (and the Hornets) you could run a Crimson Death Formation. That would give you 3 fliers, 3 pulse lasers, and 6 bright lances (or 4 lances and 2 starcannons), with 4++ covers, auto jink, and a BS5 Exarch. They're my go-to 'tanks' in my Saim Hann army.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was considering taking the Crimson Death formation instead of the CAD... but then I have to buy two more planes haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts