Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically there's a tournament being held at the begining of june that they hold every year or so here in Ottawa and I'm planning to go. Last year I didn't do so well only getting one draw and losing the rest of my games and I really want to do better this time. The only real rules for the list are that it has to be 1850 and there are no special character, so no marbo, no vulkan and even no avatar. So basically here's my list,

Reclusiarch-130

Furioso Librarian Dreadnought-210
-Drop Pod

Sanguinary Priest-90
-Power Weapon
-Jump Pack

Assault Squad-250
-5 Additional Marines
-Power Fist
-Combat Sheild
-Plasma Gun
-Plasma Pistol

Assault Squad-225
-5 Additional Marines
-Power Fist
-2xFlamer

Tactical Squad-180
-5 Additional Marine
-Missile Launcher
-Plasma Gun

Death Company-225
-7 Additional(10 in total)
-Power Fist

Death Company Dreadnought-140
-Blood Talons
-Magna Grapple

Baal Predator-145
-Heavy Bolters

Stormraven Gunship-245
-Twin Linked Multi-Melta
-Twin Linked Lascannon
-Hurricane Bolters
-Extra Armour

If my math is correct this comes to 1840 so waht could I use for the last 10 points? I'd really like the harshest crtitiscm so that it can really improve. In my collection I have 60 Tactical Marines, 30 Assault Marines, 5 Sanguinary Gaurd, 5 Death Company, 5 Honour Gaurd, 2 Rhinos, 2 Vindicators, 1 Predator all Lascannons, 1 Dakka Baal Predator, 1 Sanguinary Priest, 1 Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Lascannon and 2 Furioso Dreads, this is not including character models. If possible I'd really like to use models in my collection but if I have to buy something I'd like to keep the total under 100$ Canadian.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mind you, I don't own the BA dex. I have only looked through it. So if my ideas are off, just ignore me. With that said I think you can do without some of the flashier units because the BAs basic choices are so good.

Assault troops (with or without jump packs depending on your preferred style of play) are simply great. Multiple sanguinary priests are a must. Furioso Librarian dreads seem to be highly popular, both for their offensive benefits and the additional psychic hood they provide. IMO the BAs have the best death star unit in the game: CC termie with sang. priest assaulting from a landraider... Furious Charge, Feel No Pain, lightning claw, terminators w/ 2 hammers for the big things is more survivable then nob bikers, can hit as hard as SW thunderwolf cav. If the Blood God and Father Nurgle had a bastard child, it would be BA CC termie accompanied by Sang Priest.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The only major "problems" I have with your list are the lone Drop Pod and PLasma Gun in the RAS. The single pod dramatically reduces your options at set up. You know he'll land on turn 1 and you have to either waste his ability to land near the enemy or commit your forces to starting on the board so that he's not the only target the enemy can hit. And Plasma Guns are Rapid Fire and have no business being in an assault unit. Those points, and those of the the near useless Combat Shield, could get you a Flamer for the RAS and a Power Sword for the DC. DC + Reclusiarch = re-roll to hit AND wound. Having an S5/I5 power weapon to take advantage of those buffs is very important.

I'd also drop the Magna Grapple on the DCF for Extra Armor on the Librarian Dreadnought. Stunned is as good as dead for a Furioso of any flavor. The DCF doesn't need EA, but it's desperately important to the Librarian.

Hope something in this helps. :good:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Like the list. But, I don't think a drop pod for the Furisos Librarian is the way to go, dropping him in there solo isn't a good idea, it's circa 200 points straight for the melta/lance slag heap. Run him up with the rest of your force, taking cover behind any tanks as needed, you can also give him 'Wings of Sang' as one of his powers to speed him up & use the drop pod points to go towards a Rhino for the Tactical squad. Plasma gun, pistol & combat shield aren't necessary either, a power fist is more important.

IMO the BAs have the best death star unit in the game: CC termie with sang. priest assaulting from a landraider... Furious Charge, Feel No Pain, lightning claw, terminators w/ 2 hammers for the big things is more survivable then nob bikers, can hit as hard as SW thunderwolf cav...
True, but 535/545 points invested in one 6 man unit sure is a lot!

Dallas

·
Registered
153 Posts
yea never been a fan of death star units sink too many points in one place and screw the rest of the army over...especially in the points starved blood angels dex, everything is expensive those 500-600 points are far too much, 600 is 2 full assault squads w gear and a priest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts