Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some trouble at the last tournament I played at so I'm looking for feedback on my new list idea. I was going to try a stompa but then I would have to buy one; plus I don't like to sink too many points into a single model.

Anyway here is what I am thinking:

CAD1:
Zadsnark Da Rippa 150 (warlord, from dred mob)
Painboy, warbike 75

10 bikers, big choppa nob 195
5 bikers, big choppa nob 105

8 tankbustas 104
8 tankbustas 104
8 tankbustas 104

deffkopta, twin-linked rokkits 30
deffkopta, twin-linked rokkits 30

gun wagon, lobba 70 (av 13/12/10, from imperial armor 8)
gun wagon, lobba 70
gun wagon, lobba 70

CAD2:
Warboss, lucky stikk, klaw, bosspole, warbike 140
Big Mek, warbike, big choppa, kustom force field 115 (in case of ignores cover nonsense)

8 tankbustas 104
8 tankbustas 104

gun wagon, lobba 70
gun wagon, lobba 70

Tankbustas go in gun wagons--hopefully making them last longer. The wagons are weak to drop pod armies but I can spread my bikes out to force them to drop in front turn 1 and then everything can swarm them.

This army is very strong vs marine armies but its previous version performed poorly vs daemonic incursion and tyranid lictor spam. I used to run 3 minimum bike units but they were easy to make run and not very threatening in cc. I had 2 5-man loota units as well but they just sat around not really doing much damage. I took their points to upgrade tankbustas' trukks to gun wagons.

I could drop the lobbas from the wagons (they have a twin-lined big shoota by default) and 1 biker from the large unit and add 1 more tankbusta to each unit. dropping the deffkoptas would allow the grot unit to become a biker unit as well.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Me personally I would drop the tank bustas from CAD2 and turn them into Mega armored Nobs. This will give you some definate punch in CC so you don't have to send the bikes in right away you can keep them moving and shooting. I would strip their rides down to minimums this will give you more points to either add more bikes or buy other toys like power klaws and boss poles for all the nobs. The other thing I would do is drop the big mek and turn him into a second warboss with a pk on a bike.

Something to consider would be adding some grot tanks with grotzookas on them all. Upgrade one to a kommanda and give him a skorcka. It comes to 140 points for the 3 but you have 3 tanks that can move very fast you roll two D6 for distance and the kommanda lets you reroll low rolls. The two Str6 blasts from each tank are super destructive and you have a flame thrower on one. It is deadly against daemons since most of their stuff is Str 4.

Just use Zardsnark and Co scout and tank shock turn 1 to attempt to get into melee. The 3 MANz missiles are there to add additional threats early on or take out any threats to the bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like this? I had 6 points spare so i gave the dok an orderly. I wonder if I can find the points to use the Bully Boyz formation. Maybe if I cut down on the small bike groups and drop the second warboss.

CAD1:
Zadsnark Da Rippa 150 (warlord)
Painboy, warbike, grot orderly 80

9 bikers, big choppa nob 195

8 tankbustas, trukk, ram 152

CAD2:
Warboss, lucky stikk, klaw, bosspole, warbike 140
Warboss, klaw, warbike 110

3 MANZ, trukk, ram 155
3 MANZ, trukk, ram 155
3 MANZ, trukk, ram 155

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Well the bully boyz formation would be 6 more nobz and a couple trukks away. I would keep the MANZ trukks naked since they are probably going to blow up after turn 2. Then they would be fearless which would be good.

If you go that rout I would drop the second warboss and some bikers to fit them in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts