Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dont know the specifics on the rule set yet for the tourney but im just starting to think of ideas for a good all comers list. Keep in mind i like tourneys but my lists are never what you would consider cheese. I like a challenge. Here goes. Any help reformatting this list would be most appreciated.

HQ

Librarian-190
Terminator armor + storm shield
Epistolary
Null zone/vortex of doom
(In Reserve)

Troops

Tactical squad x10-270
Melta-gun
Lascannon
Sergeant has power fist+combi-melta
Rhino

Tactical squad x10-270
Melta-gun
Lascannon
Sergeant has power fist+combi melta
Rhino

Scouts x5-105
4 bolt pistol+ccw
Sergeant has power fist + melta bombs

Elites

Dreadnought-140
multi-melta
Drop pod

Ironclad Dreadnought-170
Hurricane bolter
Melta gun
Drop pod

Sternguard veterans x8-285
4 combi meltas
4 combi flamers
Drop pod

Fast attack

Land speeder Squadon x3-220
3 Multi-meltas
3 Heavy flamers
(in reserve)

Heavy support

Vindicator-115

Vindicator-115

Well there it is. Tried to incorporate alot of different units and variety into the list. Feedback and advice on changes always appreciated. Points are 30 over. Need to figure out what i want to drop/replace also.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
list looks solid, though i would change the Iron Clad to a standard Dread to afford a PF in the Sternguard squad.

i take it your Libby rides with the Sternies, which giving him the powers you did makes him good, if a touch expensive, but it works.

leery about your Scouts; IMO they should have sniper rifles and camo cloaks, but there must be a reason to your logic.

last, and this is the only thing i would do as a must, split up your Land Speeders into three separate squadrons. it will give a you a lot more versatility.

good hunting.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Looks pretty good. But CC scouts aren't very good. I'd change them to snipers with cloaks. And I personally don't like vortex of doom. Mishapped to many times killing my libbie and unit he is with. Avenger or smite is a better choice. Gate of infinity can also be awesome. Nothing like gating a libbie and 10 termies next to an objective in turn 5 to contest giving me the win!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts