Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ-Nurgle Prince with warptime and wings=175 (Should I just go lash prince...?)

Elite- Dread with TL autocannon and Missle launcher=110 ( closest thing is LR or out of LOS of anything it can hurt)
5 chosen- 3 plasma 2 melta= 155 (Outlfanking/infiltrating depending on opponent)
4 terminators- 1 heavy flamer, 2 chainfists, 2 combimeltas=165
IN a LR with possession=240

Troops-8 Thousand Sons 1 Sorc with bolt of change in Rhino with EA+ Havok=334
8 Thousand Sons 1 Sorc with doombolt=254

Heavy- 1 Possessed Vindicator=145
2 Obliterators=150
AC/LC pred=130

=1858

Basically, I am debating dropping an elite choice(dread or chosen for another troop, which would be lesser daemons) Any advice or anything would be appreciated. Other models available are 18 lesser daemons/sorcerer/ term sorceror/ term lord/ 4 Lascannon marines/ 2 plasma marines. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Drop the Dread get more troops.

If you wanted to go lash, go dual lash princes with wings, 9 oblits or 3 vindis get some anti armor on your troops and maybe get the chosen a rhino.

Im not a big fan of Chaos Termies, other then the look.

GL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if i replaced dread with 8 lesser daemons then put two icons on thousand sons. Think even though its not a conventional list. I might have a chance in a medium sized tournament of 20 people.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
you need 3 Troops at 1500 or more.

personally, i'd try to get 4 Troops at this point level.

try this:

HQ
DP/MoN/Wings/Warp Time

ELITES
x3 Termies/combi meltas

ELITES
x5 Chosent/IoS/x1 flemer/x4 meltas/rhino

TROOPS
x7 Tsons/Sorc. with Doom Bolt/Rhino

TROOPS
x7 Tsons/Sorc. with Doom Bolt/Rhino

TROOPS
x7 Berzerkers/Skull Champ with PF

TROOPS
x5 PM/melta/flamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
x2 Oblits

HEAVY SUPPORT
x2 Oblits

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
LR

gotta work out some details, like icons for your termicide. the Zerkers ride in the LR, and PM's stay at home. dedicating the LR allows you to drop either the PM or the Zerkers in favor of another heavy choice or using the points to bolster the rest of your list.

just an idea, but this is fairly solid, IMO.

good hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I agree I need more troops. But I have a tiny problem...Those thousand sons are all the chaos troops I currently own. I might be able to get daemons or regular marines mixed with chaos. But I have a new List I wrote up. Also I only have 3 oblits.

Lash prince
Lash Sorc in LR with termies

3 termies, 2 combi melta 1 reaper, 1 powerfist, 1 chain, 1 light claw in LR with possesion

5 chosen 3 plasma 2 melta

8 Thousand Sons 1 sorc with bolt+ Rhino with EA+ Havok
8 thousand sons 1 sorc with doombolt

1 possessed vindicator
1 AC/LC pred
2 oblits

Any new ideas. Other models I own are..1 oblit/2 sorcerors/4 lascannon marines/2 plasma gun marines. If I NEED i can get lesser or greater daemons..and maybe 5 khorne.

·
Registered
941 Posts
alright, though I'd change the chosen to 5xmelta, and maybe drop 1 squad of thousand sons for zerkers in a rhino! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
670 Posts
HQ-Nurgle Prince with warptime and wings=175 (Should I just go lash prince...?)

Elite- Dread with TL autocannon and Missle launcher=110 ( closest thing is LR or out of LOS of anything it can hurt)
5 chosen- 3 plasma 2 melta= 155 (Outlfanking/infiltrating depending on opponent)
4 terminators- 1 heavy flamer, 2 chainfists, 2 combimeltas=165
IN a LR with possession=240

Troops-8 Thousand Sons 1 Sorc with bolt of change in Rhino with EA+ Havok=334
8 Thousand Sons 1 Sorc with doombolt=254

Heavy- 1 Possessed Vindicator=145
2 Obliterators=150
AC/LC pred=130

=1858
Your HQ is sound but you should double up on daemon princes for target saturation and unit redundancy ;)

Take dreadnoughts in pairs for reasons as above.

Chosen are messed up because got plasma for anti troop and light armour but melta the hard stuff, plus have no rhino either. I'd drop these.

Chaos terminators are ok but drop the heavy flamer. Meltas wreck tanks flamers do not so take the same weapons for the same drop ;) However these are in your single land raider which will attract a lot of attention, tbh I'd throw on mark of nurgle or mark of tzeentch make them 5 and deep strike them in remembering to take icons on your troops, if you haven't already ;)

Thousands sons are expensive you could get a MoT for cheaper then these and do not need the sorcerer.

Oblits are fine but taking two seperate tanks makes target priority easy for your opponent. Do they pop the long range anti tank or the short range blast? Take tanks in pairs for multiple targets ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts