Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a lot of chaos but very seldome use more than One unit of berserkers so I thought i would try something new.

H.Q.:
Daemon Prince
Wings
Mark of khorne 140

Lord
Mark of Khorne
Daemon Weapon
Juggernaught 170

Troops:

2x 8 man berserker squads
Champ
P.weapon and P.pistol
Rhino w/E.A 526

10 Chaos Marines
bolters
1 lascannon
P.gun 185

Fast: 8 Raptors
Champ w/melta bombs
Lightning Claws
Mark of Khorne
2 Melta Guns

Heavy:
Lascannon Pred 165

Lascannon Pred 165

Vindicator
Daemonic Possesion 145

Greater Daemon 100

Hits pretty hard in CC and tanks should give it enough fire power to close.
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I like it. I imagine that it might be hard to get the Greater Daemon and JuggerLord stuck in before they get shot to pieces. Have you had any luck with that?

I really like the number of larger models in the list... These will make for very cool eye-catchers in a sweet army.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
H.Q.:
Daemon Prince
Wings
Mark of khorne 140
Nice.

Lord
Mark of Khorne
Daemon Weapon
Juggernaught 170
I'd give him a jump pack/wings instead. The Juggy will slow him down too much and he can't be transported.

Troops:

2x 8 man berserker squads
Champ
P.weapon and P.pistol
Rhino w/E.A 526
Beautiful. Consider giving the plasma pistol to one of the normal 'Zerks, though. Don't want him to fry himself by accident.

10 Chaos Marines
bolters
1 lascannon
P.gun 185
I like this. Good choice.

Champ w/melta bombs
Lightning Claws
Mark of Khorne
2 Melta Guns
I'd give the champ a power fist instead if possible.

Heavy:
Lascannon Pred 165

Lascannon Pred 165
Consider extra armor if possible.

Vindicator
Daemonic Possesion 145
Beautiful.

Greater Daemon 100
Lovely. Shame it doesn't have the awesome Bloodthirster stats, though. :( *sighs*

Overall, a good list just needs a couple of minor tweaks to maximize its potential.

Good luck,

Katie D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I see so few decent lists posted anymore, lol. This is a good fluff list and it's tactically sound... kudos to you!
Have a lot of chaos but very seldome use more than One unit of berserkers so I thought i would try something new.

Lord
Mark of Khorne
Daemon Weapon
Juggernaught 170
I'd suggest throwing this guy on a bike instead of giving him a jump pack/wings. Turbo-boosting 24" w/ a 3+ invulnerable save until he's ready to strike is a great way to get him where he needs to be at just the right time, plus you can fake out your opponent w/ the boost! That and toughness 5 without paying for MoN is always nice...

Champ w/melta bombs
Lightning Claws
Mark of Khorne
2 Melta Guns
I agree w/ Drake here.

Heavy:
Lascannon Pred 165

Lascannon Pred 165

Vindicator
Daemonic Possesion 145

Greater Daemon 100
Also agree w/ Drake here; you want to be able to at least move your predators out of firing lanes, should a stunned result crop up.
Points used for the Greater Daemon might be better used elsewhere, but hell it's your list... good luck and good gaming!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts