6x Terminator Assault Squad
+ 4 Lightning Claws/2 Thunderhammer + Storm Shield
Land Raider Crusader
+ Multi-melta

5x Sanguinary Guard
+ Chapter Banner
+ Power Fist

2x Sanguinary Priests
+ 1 Jump Pack (Goes with sanguinary guard.)
+ 1 Terminator Armor (Goes in the land raider)

Heavy:
Devastator Squad
+ 4 Plasma Cannons

Devastator Squad
+ 4 Plasma Cannons

Troops:
Assault Squad
+ 2 Melta-guns
+ 1 Power Fist

Assault Squad
+ 2 Melta-guns
+ 1 Power Fist

- - - -
The assault squads combat squad and stay in reserve in most objective games, against mech everything deep strikes if it can. Priests give all my threats furious charge and feel no pain. Blood lance has worked great when I need it to. Pop a tank, furious charge the passengers, then use unleash rage the next turn to reroll to hit and wound (lightning claws.)

This has been doing pretty well for me lately. I do have trouble with space wolves occasionally, but it does great in most other matchups. The only changes I'm thinking about right now is switching the devastators to vindicators, and maybe changing my librarian from a terminator to jump pack.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
not sure i would. you're looking at changing 8 blast templates for 2 pie plates, plus you don't have to wreck a tank to keep it from firing, just stun it.

good list, and one of the more solid yet not so fragile Blood Angels build i've seen. won't give you advice to change it; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

good hunting.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I like it. My main worry would be objective games. If you're combat squadding your assault squads they're only 5 man units and therefore not very survivable. if you don't combat squad them you;d be hard pressed to hold the objectives. I'd add in another assault squad instead of the sanguinary guard for objective games but that's more a minor thing than anythign else. solid list as it is :)

·
It looked great on paper.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think scouts (CC variety) would be a great addition to this list, going to playtest them this weekend. Might free up some points for other stuff also.

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking about right now is switching the devastators to vindicators, and maybe changing my librarian from a terminator to jump pack.
I played a variation of this list at 1000pts today in a team game, my partner was playing space wolves. I have to say, the jump pack librarian is pretty awesome. I used Blood Lance/Shield of Sanginarius. My sanguinary guard had 2+/5+ saves all game, which was good considering the alternative (no invlun save). Blood lance continues to be a great power, able to pop two chimeras/rhinos/whatever at once.

Not sold on vindicators, I seem to cause more damage with devastators. Lower str but many more shots.

Two ten man assault squads was perfect at 1000 points.

Priests within 6" of Thunderwolf Calvary = Pure awesomesauce.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
the devastator/ vindicator dilemma really depends on what you're firing at. Vindicators are better against infantry, mainly very heavy stuff like terminators, plague marines, units of MCs etc. because of the blast. devastators however have the more direct fire of the krak so they'd be better against tanks. It's really your target that depends which is better.

I find that if you have one troops choice per 500pts of your army then you've got a good thing going :)

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the devastator/ vindicator dilemma really depends on what you're firing at. Vindicators are better against infantry, mainly very heavy stuff like terminators, plague marines, units of MCs etc. because of the blast. devastators however have the more direct fire of the krak so they'd be better against tanks. It's really your target that depends which is better.

I find that if you have one troops choice per 500pts of your army then you've got a good thing going :)
I use plasma cannon devastators, so I tend to think they're much more effective against TEQ/MEQ than vindicators. Plus, one melta can't kill my 150pt devastator squad, but one shot can kill my 155pt vindicator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts