Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Look at this formation, and wondered how to fit it in as a Tournament Bound list. Has anyone actually played using it?
The potential to rush forward upto 100 boyz in an armoured wedge seems tempting, especially seeing as they would automatically get to Scout too.
Any thoughts on this particular formation? One thing that occurred to me, is that you wouldn't necessarily have to embark all your units on the wagons, they could footslog and use the BW's to draw fire on one flank whilst creating mischief elsewhere.

Ork Codex - Ork Horde Detatchment - 1223 pts

No Force Org - 65 pts
Mek, 1 Grot Oiler, Kustom Mega-blasta
Mek, Kustom Mega-blasta
Mek, Kustom Mega-blasta

HQ - 170 pts
Painboy
Painboy
Weirdboy - LVL 2

Elites - 460 pts
Tankbustas x 14, Boss Nob, 3x Bomb Squigs
Tankbustas x 14, Boss Nob, 3x Bomb Squigs

Troops - 528 pts
Boyz x 17, Eavy Armour, Boss Nob, Bosspole, PK, Shoota - Warlord
Boyz x 18, Boss Nob, Bosspole, PK, Shoota
Boyz x 18, Boss Nob, Bosspole, PK, Shoota

Waaahg! Ghazghkull - Blitz Brigade Formation - 625 pts

5x Battlewagons, Reinforced Ram, 2x Rokkit Launcha

Total 1848 pts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I have been looking at this list style as well and from what I have seen of the bully boyz list it either hits like a ton of bricks or it struggles mostly against flyrants it seems. I think I would keep everyone in the wagons to start off with but then maybe dump some off and use the wagons as blockers or to hunt other things with the rokkits.
I think this list would probably preform the same in tournaments either really hammering your opponent and not letting them recover or the wagons will get popped early and it will be an uphill fight the rest of the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts