Auxiliary (Chaos Spawn)
- (3) Spawn
- (3) Spawn
- (3) Spawn

Cyclopea Cabal
- Chaos Sorceror, Bike, Mastery Level 3, Vets

Sorceror's each go with a unit of spawn, cultists camp objectives and respawn, terminators termicide, and raptors either enter deepstrike reserves or deploy depending on the table and opponent.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like your list a lot!

Which disciplines are you planning on using for your Sorcs?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks pretty good, do you have any anti-air options though?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I tried this list out against a friend of mine who played something close to the following:

Grey Knights
- Librarian lvl 3
- Purifiers x 5
- Interceptor Sq x 10
- Terminator Sq x 10
- Dreadknights x 2
- Imperial Knight (melta, sword)

Had great luck and all but one unit in reserve came in turn 2, nailed most of my scatters and then it fell off of the rails. (6) Meltaguns in range on various angles on the knight - 2 hullpoints...

Eventually the knight fell (to the Lord's powerfist), but based on this list the biggest challenge was actually the dreadknights - there isn't enough high strength firepower to bring them down and the fact that they can swing their nemesis hammers at initiative makes the terminators and spawn hesitant to get into that combat.

For this match up, I rolled on Daemonology for summoning - which I feel was a mistake; Sinistrum for the anti-psychic buffs and debuffs; and Telepathy for psychic shriek. Most of my dice went into psychic shriek, the dark ritual and diabolic strength.

I'm no sure that the spawn are as effective as other options could be (daemonkin fleshhounds for example), so I'll have to play around a bit before settling in place. The list also, as published, totals to only 1800 points so there's points available for upgrades - I threw a fist & claws on the terminator lord and threw a power axe on the raptor lord, I believe that the raptor lord should probably just be kept naked, or maybe given meltabombs.

I'm also not sure that the lost & the damned is a great way to go - I think maybe taking a daemonkin force with two units of chaos marines in rhinos may work better (allows those fleshhounds too) because frankly, cultists are balls awful and are capable of doing literally nothing but grab objectives - chaos marines at least can bring plasmaguns and rhinos. The rhinos are frankly far more useful than either troops choice in this case - providing moveable cover for either spawn or puppies, and the raptors in cases where they may need to move into the open for targets of opportunity or to grab objectives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts