Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
215 Captain (Bike, Art Armor, Gorgon, PF, LC)
210 Command (Bikes, 4x Grav, Apoth)

195 10x Tac (Combi, Melta, DP)
195 10x Tac (Combi, Melta, DP)
70 5x Scouts (Sinpers, Camo)

195 Ironclad (2 HF, DP w/ DWML)
185 Ven Dread (MM, HF, DP w/ DWML)
145 TLLC Mortis Dread

115 Auto/Las Pred
115 Auto/Las Pred
170 5x Dev (4x ML w/ Flakk)

=1810

I need help with the last 40 points. Right now the tactic is to drop the tacs and combat squad, kill some armor with half, score some objectives with the others. Drunk...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha! I had tried posting the list earlier with a bunch of commentary and tactics written in but my computer crashed. I just had the thought of putting Deathwind launchers on the other two pods, and taking two Meltagun/HF Ironclads instead of the dual HF and a Venerable. I had that 5th pod idea already, but I like having the option of keeping the tactical squads in reserve for Eternal War missions. Though the third pod would be handy in Maelstrom.

I was just impressed with myself that I made a non-spammy balanced list for once. Normally not my style. But I think I've got my bases all covered. Most units can pull double, or even triple duty (devs) when it comes to being used on the battle field. I can still see flyer spam and even skimmer spam being tough to deal with. But I'm the only guy I know outside of the space elves that would actually spam landspeeders (it totally works too). I'm sure there's some psyker nastiness or ork uber-hordes that will give me hard times too. I'm just not used to playing them.

What really sucks though is I've just heard we are getting a new codex very soon, so this whole list was basically two days wasted. I even painted a few models for it... and I hate painting!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I was just impressed with myself that I made a non-spammy balanced list for once. Normally not my style.
Indeed not! :laugh: It's a good list though, only thing I'm ever weary of when I use this many tanks/walkers is someone bringing a ton of anti-tank...but there's a lot of different targets showing up all over the board. It's nice.

What really sucks though is I've just heard we are getting a new codex very soon, so this whole list was basically two days wasted. I even painted a few models for it... and I hate painting!
Rest assured my friend, none of what you are taking will be invalidated. This is the Space Marine Codex we're talking about here, things never get 'worse' for the best selling faction in 40k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts