Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my hands on the new book, and decided to try and go a route I don't get to with most other armies: armour and a fair amount of it.

HQ: 365
Tank commander
-Leman russ executioner
Plasma-cannon sponsons
-Leman russ exterminator
Heavy bolter sponsons

I've always had a love for the executioner and exterminator (and a recent game gave me an appreciation for the eradicator but thats something for another time.) Having the pair of them is so that I can make use of the tank order for splitting fire and keep a heavy support slot open.

Troops: 520
Infantry platoon
Platoon command squad
Heavy flamer
Chimera

Infantry squad
Autocannon, flamer
Taurox

Infantry squad
Autocannon, flamer
Taurox

My scoring element, able to either hold back and use the autocannons to soften up some targets of opportunity or mount up and head for an objective. The infantry squads are in Taurox's due to their slightly lower cost and access to autocannons, while the command squad is in a chimera for its command tank special rule. In general, the command squad is only ever setting foot outside if they are forced to.

Veteran squad
3x Plasmagun, grenadiers
Chimera

Hard hitting and in your face, they will either deploy in the rhino or in the vendetta depending on the situation. Really though the idea is to get in and mess something nasty up.

Elites: 305
Tempestus scion platoon
Scion command squad
4x Hot-shot volleygun

Scion squad
2x Meltagun

Scion squad
2x Meltagun

My anti armour and MEq element, they will be deep striking in to best make use of their weapons.

Fast Attack: 390
Bane wolf

I'm a fan of the hellhound, however I really want to give the bane wolf a try and see how it runs. Not much else behind this one really, its a forward support vehicle meant to target forward MEq units such as assault marines or interceptors.

Armoured sentinel squadron
2x Sentinals
2x Autocannon

Another support unit I really just wanted to include; a little more expensive given how fast they can die, but nice as some transport poppers and light fire support.

Vendetta

The other major element of my anti armour and/or anti air defense.

Heavy Support: 270
Leman russ eradicator
Heavy flamer sponsons, hull heavy flamer

Originally I was going to take the humble russ, but point constraints limited that option just a touch. Thanks to the eradicator nova cannon ignoring cover, this guy will be targeting units dug in near objectives to teach them that nowhere is safe. The heavy flamers are in the event that things get close enough to warrant three templates, and for such a low cost it does also give me a psuedo hellhound in the event the cannon is popped.

Hydra flakk battery
Hydra

Hydra flakk battery
Hydra

My main anti armour defense. These guys are broken up into single elements to maximize their potential output against multiple targets, nothing more.

Total: 1850/1850

And thats my list so far, please tell me what you think and any thoughts/suggestions you have.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So nothing then?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Do the Hydra still have interceptor? Thought it had been made a pure Antiaircraft unit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Only gonna comment on the tempestus.

I run my command squad with 4 meltas. Deep strike in and either use the precision shot command to snipe some characters via instant death or the split fire and hope to pop multiple armour. Then my normal squads have plasma, because it means if I'm firing at Armour save 3+ the hell guns might do something too. But personal preference and all that.

Anything else will be along the lines of "don't take X Becuase it's not great, take two of Y because reasons."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts