Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all with the release for the new blood angels ive tried to put together a demi company detachment , ive not played this army and this is the first list ive wrote so any advice and ideas would be fantastic, the forces comes in at 1800pts

capt karlaen

5 man terminator squad- assault cannon, 2x chain fist

5 man terminator squad- assault cannon, 2x chain fist

5 man vanguard squad- 2x twin lightning clasw, 1x thunder hammer and storm shield

10 man sternguard - 2x melta guns, 2x combi- meltas
rhino

10 man sternguard - heavy flamer, 3x combi flamer
drop pod

furioso- frag cannon, melta gun
Drop pod

furioso- frag cannon, heavy flamer
drop pod.

ok so this force is all stubborn
you can also re-roll failed reserves rolls for units with deepstrike rule and unites arriving via deepstrike scatter D6 rather than 2D6
ok so ideas ive thought about so far is only starting with one rhino and 10 sternguard on the board, if I get first turn its all good, but on seize the initiative my warlord as +1 to the roll.
first turn I have 2 pods come down, depending what im facinf will decide if its 2 dreads or one and the sternguard.

ok so that's what I got so far folks and thoughts and ideas would be great.

·
Registered
434 Posts
where are the rules for Karlaen? I only have Exterminatus.
Also, if you start with just a rhino on the board and have to go second, you basically have an easy box to pop on the board and will most likely auto lose First Blood. I'd go with another drop pod so your opponent has nothing to shoot at until it's your turn. Remember, you don't lose because you have nothing on the board at the end of a player turn. It's game turn. A reserve army like this wants to go second as often as possible.

I've also never played at 1800 points before. I've always done 1750 or 1850. I'd try to bring it up to 1850 unless it’s a local thing. I think you'd do well.

With 4 instead of 5 pods, it’d be best to run your Furiosos with Frags and flamers. That should toast xenos and scouts very well. It may not be a terrible idea to think about Deathwind launchers for their pods as well. It can add more hurt to hordes and it’s just a little extra insurance to make sure you get the first blood. If going against a xenos or infantry guard army, these guys should come first.

Those sternguard should be made out to kill tanks and MCs. As much melta/plasma/or grav as you can squeeze in. No Deathwinds needed as this is already and expensive unit. Flamers aren’t necessary on them because they have special issue ammo that can already ignore cover. When playing mech guard or marine armies these are the first choice. You’ll also need to drop one Vet to make room for your captain to ride somewhere. Or take a terminator/JP captain with the Vanguard or Terminator squads.

Keep in mind that these are just ideas and I myself am still working with my Blood Angels to figure out what can work, but keep getting sidetracked with all my other armies. I just hope it helps!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where are the rules for Karlaen? I only have Exterminatus.
Also, if you start with just a rhino on the board and have to go second, you basically have an easy box to pop on the board and will most likely auto lose First Blood. I'd go with another drop pod so your opponent has nothing to shoot at until it's your turn. Remember, you don't lose because you have nothing on the board at the end of a player turn. It's game turn. A reserve army like this wants to go second as often as possible.

I've also never played at 1800 points before. I've always done 1750 or 1850. I'd try to bring it up to 1850 unless it’s a local thing. I think you'd do well.

With 4 instead of 5 pods, it’d be best to run your Furiosos with Frags and flamers. That should toast xenos and scouts very well. It may not be a terrible idea to think about Deathwind launchers for their pods as well. It can add more hurt to hordes and it’s just a little extra insurance to make sure you get the first blood. If going against a xenos or infantry guard army, these guys should come first.

Those sternguard should be made out to kill tanks and MCs. As much melta/plasma/or grav as you can squeeze in. No Deathwinds needed as this is already and expensive unit. Flamers aren’t necessary on them because they have special issue ammo that can already ignore cover. When playing mech guard or marine armies these are the first choice. You’ll also need to drop one Vet to make room for your captain to ride somewhere. Or take a terminator/JP captain with the Vanguard or Terminator squads.

Keep in mind that these are just ideas and I myself am still working with my Blood Angels to figure out what can work, but keep getting sidetracked with all my other armies. I just hope it helps!
Karlaens rules are in the deathstorm box set , he comes with terminator armour , thunder hammer and storm bolter, so will come down with a terminator squad. im considering deathwinds on 2 of the pods , as I want to up this force up to almost 2k which is the genral points played at my club, this list is my current 1st company models I own.( I use to play salamanders , hence flamers on my sternguard, but I can switch them out fine as im still building and thousands of spare parts lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts