Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
You're probably right although I think at 40-45 a pop they don't stand a chance of selling 2500 limited editions 18 times. The number of limited editions coming out per release has been going down generally. So I was hopeful given the AoS releases pricing it might be more realistically proved at 25!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The standard hardbacks are on Amazon, america, pre order For $17.50 retail. That's the same price as the beast arises books. So I'm expecting similar size and length. Can't see the limited editions going to crazy prices if the hardbacks are going to retail at a sensible price.

I love the length of the beast novels, maybe in the minority on that but it suits me. I can usually easily read one in a week even if I'm really busy and I like a variety of stories. Some of the weighty heresy novels have felt like a huge drag, especially if during the read I have bought a couple of other books that I'm keen to get at.

·
Registered
455 Posts
18 heroes in 18 novels across four years

The superhuman sons of the Emperor are more than just demi-gods of battle. They're also fascinating, complex characters... and soon you'll be able to read a whole lot more about them.

Wait....Robute was blind this whole time?! WOW!

NEVER FEAR! I BASHED SOME NAILS INTO IT AND NOW IT'S FIXED.
Black Library can get in contact with me and we can sort out some kind of payment method. I mean, forgetting to paint the eyes on Robute is a bit of a noob mistake. I bet they'd feel pretty fucking stupid if they published books with a blind Robute on the cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Who should do who, in my opinion;

Lion El'Jonson - ADB
Fulgrim - Graham McNeill
Perturabo - John French
Jaghatai Khan - Chris Wraight
Leman Russ - Chris Wraight
Rogal Dorn - John French
Konrad Curze - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Sanguinius - Anyone but James Swallow
Ferrus Manus - Rob Saunders (because of his small blurrs in Wrath of Iron).
Angron - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Roboute Guilliman - Dan Abnett
Mortarion - Chris Wraight.
Magnus the Red - Graham McNeill
Horus Lupercal - Dan Abnett
Lorgar Aurelian - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Vulkan - Nick Kyme
Corvus Corax - Gav Thorpe
Alpharius Omegon - Rob Sanders/Dan Abnett
Fix'd!

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Who should do who, in my opinion;

Lion El'Jonson - ADB
Fulgrim - Graham McNeill
Perturabo - John French
Jaghatai Khan - Chris Wraight
Leman Russ - Chris Wraight
Rogal Dorn - John French
Konrad Curze - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Sanguinius - Anyone but James Swallow
Ferrus Manus - Rob Saunders (because of his small blurrs in Wrath of Iron).
Angron - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Roboute Guilliman - Dan Abnett
Mortarion - Chris Wraight.
Magnus the Red - Graham McNeill
Horus Lupercal - Dan Abnett
Lorgar Aurelian - Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Vulkan - ANYONE BUT Nick Kyme
Corvus Corax - Gav Thorpe
Alpharius Omegon - Rob Sanders/Dan Abnett
Fix'd!
Fix'd x2

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
David Annandale will be writting the upcomming 'The hunt for Vulkan'. Im curious to see if he can write a good take on the primarch.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
David Annandale will be writting the upcomming 'The hunt for Vulkan'. Im curious to see if he can write a good take on the primarch.
That assumes Vulkan is actually in the book.

Alpharius Omegon - Rob Sanders/Dan Abnett!
No! Dan Abnett doesn't get the Alpha Legion, not the way Rob Sanders does. Sanders is the only author I will accept for the Sons of the Hydra.

Perturabo - John French
Also no! French just had Perturabo as the Angry Marine Primarch, randomly crippling a marine who gave him bad news and just being ANGRY!!! all the time. McNeill gave us an incredible complex character who ultimately was a human man with great and beautiful dreams that nobody bothered to care about.

LotN

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
No! Dan Abnett doesn't get the Alpha Legion, not the way Rob Sanders does. Sanders is the only author I will accept for the Sons of the Hydra.
I'd say Abnett did them perfectly. Sanders followed on excellently from what Abnett created, but it was Abnett who made the Alpha Legion what they are now in the series. Well actually no, it was Abnett who made them excellent and interesting, Sanders who followed on Abnetts work very well, and then others who have turned them into overpowered moustache twirling douchebags.

I want Abnett to follow up Legion more than anything else in the Horus Heresy series right now.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
To be fair, Vulkan is the most boring of all the Primarchs. Nick Kyme can do whatever he pleases with the Primarch as long as he stays away from Konrad Curze.

That assumes Vulkan is actually in the book.
Yes to me it sounds like a red herring.

Rob Saunders built a lot of the Alpha Legion from Dan Abnetts work, but I can agree that he is the only to date that have gotten the Legion right besides Dan. Either of them are fine by me.

Also no! French just had Perturabo as the Angry Marine Primarch, randomly crippling a marine who gave him bad news and just being ANGRY!!! all the time. McNeill gave us an incredible complex character who ultimately was a human man with great and beautiful dreams that nobody bothered to care about.
McNeill gave a peaceful Perturabo who didn't care for any of this. Surely it would fit him during the Great Crusade, not in the Horus Heresy. He is supposed to be bitter, which is what I got from The Crimson Fist. Just justify that bitterness and you got a resentful great evil character. But then depending on when the story takes place, I can deal with McNeill taking on the character, like him during the Great Crusade years. If it's more HH, I would want French to do it.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
See that's the thing. I actually like Mcneill's Perturabo, but as you said, it seems more at place at the time of the Great Crusade. What Mcneill failed to do, was convince me of Perturabos reasons for joining Horus. From everything I saw of his character in Angel Exterminatus, he should be loyal, he would in fact make an excellent loyalist.

But to be fair. No one has done that. Of all the Primarchs, I'm least convinced by Perturabo and his reasonings, they all just seem poor excuses.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am very convinced by Lorgars decision. But to be fair I don't understand why any primarch stays loyal, when there are other real gods that can literally make them immortal.

·
Registered
124 Posts
BL are creating quite a stir over this. I think I revise my previous price guess to an obscene amount for a small book. The hype is starting to piss me off a little.... Which is rare I'm usually nuts for these things

·
Registered
855 Posts
Numbered, limited edition series with a great displayable cover? *sigh* Oh BL, how you do woo me.

Ordered.

On a secondary note- I do wish that these limited eds would come with a complementary ebook copy so I can read them without risking the actual book.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ordered.... I thought £40 was steep enough, it's a pretty small book, talon of Horus was £45 and it was a door stop. But it is what it is, looking forward to getting a look at it. It will be interesting to see how fast it sells...

·
Registered
44 Posts
55€, so about the same price and size as Ragnar Blackmane. And there will be 17 more...

Nope, after all the trilogy boxsets and HH stuff they put out recently, I think I will pass on this one. Might buy one if ADB does Lorgar or Angron.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yep, as I thought, ridiculously overpriced for a microscopic amount of content. So not worth it, pass. Especially when you consider they are planning 18 in total.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
So I read the free extract and was reasonably excited. I liked it. And with Path of Heaven being apparently being the best book BL have released in a while, I was looking forward to this.

Now, all that good-will has just vanished. £40 for 178 pages?! Fuck off.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts