Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
From B&S... this is from BL's facebook page:

That’s right guys,
A brand new series is coming!
One of things that we've been asked since the Horus Heresy began, is when you'll get to see more of the origin stories of the primarchs, and what they got up to during the Great Crusade.
Well this series answers those questions (some of them).
An 18-book series of novels that will feature each of the primarchs in an iconic story, whether that be the tale of their discovery by the Emperor, the saga of an ancient brotherly rivalry, or a chronicle of them leading their Legion to war at the apex of the Great Crusade.
Anyone want to take a guess as to which story each primarch will have?

My only guess would be the Lion's book will feature the story of the Lion and Russ' rivalry.

Mortarion's origin story would be fantastic... that's one of my favourites.

Angron - I would definitely like to know more about the Emperor's meeting with him and why he made the decisions he did regarding Angron.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
My suspicion would be that Fulgrim's could be when the Emperor's discovers him. Not because it's particularly remarkable but because it then leads to him meeting his Legion of 300 and meeting Ferrus. That's such a formative part of the IIIrd legion background I would think that might be a good place for them to mine for literature.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Then I respectfully have to disagre. I know he is an author with divided oppinion. But lets try to keep on topic of the series. It looks like Leman Russ is the second to come.

Extra sploosh? I question the necessity of the book, but I'm very happy with the author. If anything, I would like to see him add a bit more of the old space wolf humor to the character. Dour fucks do not the space wolves make.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Extra sploosh? I question the necessity of the book, but I'm very happy with the author. If anything, I would like to see him add a bit more of the old space wolf humor to the character. Dour fucks do not the space wolves make.
Nah, I was almost completely indifferent to the Space Wolves until Prospero Burns, The Emperor's Gift and Battle of the Fang.

Abnett, ADB and Wraight wrote far more interesting Space Wolves/Vlka Fenryka, than anyone else, hated Kings.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Nah, I was almost completely indifferent to the Space Wolves until Prospero Burns, The Emperor's Gift and Battle of the Fang.

Abnett, ADB and Wraight wrote far more interesting Space Wolves/Vlka Fenryka, than anyone else, hated Kings.
To each their own. I will say that I do like the new wolves and I think those three authors added a lot of depth that Rout didn't have with King, but I also think the Rout lost a bit of humor and humanity that really set them apart from other marines. I don't want the wolves lose anything that they've gained. I just want Wright to add back in those little touches that set the wolves apart.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
You are talking to a man who originally gave FtT a 10/10 review.
And this reply is from a guy who thinks that because I like a book, and an author, he dislikes, my opinion is no longer valid.

I don't think I have to spell out what my reply is to that. But the first half of it is a curse word.

LotN

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
And this reply is from a guy who thinks that because I like a book, and an author, he dislikes, my opinion is no longer valid.

I don't think I have to spell out what my reply is to that. But the first half of it is a curse word.

LotN
Never said any of that. Please don't be so insecure about your opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Never said any of that. Please don't be so insecure about your opinion.
No not directly. But this is not the first time you've used my endorsement of Fear to Tread as a subtle putdown of me. Frankly it's annoying. You don't like Jim Swallow or his books, fine. I do, also fine. But just because I like them doesn't mean that my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

There are people on this site who LOVE Legion. They consider it one of the best books in the entire HH series. I think of it as being one of the five weakest (Along with Battle for the Abyss and Prospero Burns, eg). But just because those people enjoy Legion and I don't doesn't mean I think their opinion on the books overall is lesser.

LotN

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
No not directly. But this is not the first time you've used my endorsement of Fear to Tread as a subtle putdown of me. Frankly it's annoying. You don't like Jim Swallow or his books, fine. I do, also fine. But just because I like them doesn't mean that my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

There are people on this site who LOVE Legion. They consider it one of the best books in the entire HH series. I think of it as being one of the five weakest (Along with Battle for the Abyss and Prospero Burns, eg). But just because those people enjoy Legion and I don't doesn't mean I think their opinion on the books overall is lesser.

LotN
I would like to make 2 points here...

1. Saying "I really liked FtT" is different from giving the novel a perfect 10/10 endorsement as a reviewer

2. I cite your 10/10 endorsement of FtT not to "put you down" - but rather to highlight the utterly irreconcilable difference between your taste and AoB's (which happens to align with mine in this case)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/primarchs-remind-me.html

Ye gods, an 18 books first edition series that is limited to 2500 books in stock? I could stomach a large first edition series if it was persistently from a high end author like adb or abnett.

But a long first edition series with mid tier authors too in the mix? Im gonna wait for the ebook versions, doesnt really feel worth it for an 18 books series. Even more so if they turn out to not be properly sized, as BL seems to love doing small books these days to trust their definition of novels in blind faith alone for a first edition series.

At least the Black Legion series put out a healthilly sized book as its first offering by a top author and is a series I want to support.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What's the estimates out there for price? Ifs it's anymore than £25 I would be pretty miffed. The age of sigmar limited editions are stunning books, (contents are shite, but nice books, bought the first two and gave up) I think the nicest they have done yet. They are £25 so no reason for these to be more.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What's the estimates out there for price? Ifs it's anymore than £25 I would be pretty miffed. The age of sigmar limited editions are stunning books, (contents are shite, but nice books, bought the first two and gave up) I think the nicest they have done yet. They are £25 so no reason for these to be more.
A limited edition novella is £30, so I'd expect these to be £40 to £45!

21 - 40 of 88 Posts