Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Your army looks a lot like mine. Since the new SM codex (as well as the new DA codex) dropped it took a while for me to find the optimal way to field my marines. In the end I too chose the Strenguard & Gladius Strike Force, because of all the SM armies I have had over the years, this army finally feels and plays like a true space marine force.

So, I can't really think of any suggestions on how to improve the list, but I thought I'd post my own list here in case you want to see a similar army at 1750pts. Personally I've been more than happy with this army. Well, it doesn't have any anti-air, but these days it's hard to have everything I suppose...

GLADIUS STRIKE FORCE

Captain
1xCombi-grav, Auspex
105pts

Tactical Squad 5
1xGrav cannon
Drop pod
140pts

Tactical Squad 5
1xGrav cannon
Drop pod
140pts

Tactical Squad 5
1xGrav cannon
Drop pod
140pts

Attack Bike 1
1xMulti-melta
50pts

Devastator Squad 1
4xLascannon
150pts

Pedro Kantor
185pts

Sternguard Veteran Squad 8 (Captain & Kantor join this squad)
Drop pod
211pts

Sternguard Veteran Squad 10
6xCombi-melta
Drop pod
315pts

Sternguard Veteran Squad 10
6xCombi-melta
Drop pod
315pts

Total
1751pts

Edit: Didn't notice this was actually a bit older thread originally. I don't know if you're still fielding or considering fielding this army but no matter... here's another Sterguard/Gladius example anyway. It really is a good base for an army.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.