I've been having another little fiddle. See what you think:

HQ

Farseer - Jetbike, Shard of Anaris - 155
5 Warlocks - Jetbikes, 4 Singing Spears - 270

Troops

6 Jetbikes - 2 Cannons - 122
10 Dire Avengers - Exarch, PW/Shimmershield, Wave Serpent w/Shuriken Cannon - 285

Fast Attack

Crimson Hunter Exarch - 180
3 Vypers - Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannons, Holo-fields - 210

Heavy Support

Fire Prism - Holo fields - 140
Fire Prism - Holo fields - 140

Not sure whether I should take the Lances or Lasers on the Vypers. I'm certainly not lacking anti-infantry, so Bright Lances? But then, I have two Prisms...so Scatter Lasers? You see my dilemma!

One Warlock will go with each Bike unit with Conceal, leaving three to accompany the Farseer with rolled for powers. I'm thinking Guide, Prescience and Psychic Shriek on the Farseer.

Also not too certain about the Shard of Anaris. Maybe I should get rid of it and take some upgrades elsewhere. Maybe holo-fields on the Vypers? Adding Cannons to the Prisms? Etc?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I say get rid of the shard not worth it on a farseer. I say scatter lasers for anti infantry and anti light tanks you have enough weapons to deal with heavy armor like prisms and crimson hunter

·
Registered
241 Posts
I say get rid of the shard not worth it on a farseer. I say scatter lasers for anti infantry and anti light tanks you have enough weapons to deal with heavy armor like prisms and crimson hunter
Basicly this, other than that I might steal your list for my self. I like it alot.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Just noticed I forgot to put the Warlock unit in by mistake!! Made the changes above.

I've decided to go for holo-fields on the Vypers. Is there any other (better) way that I can be utilising the points?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I can't help but feel a second Crimson Hunter is better than the Vyper squadron- The Vypers are just soooo fragile and the Crimson Hunter drastically improves your AA (which you cannot ignore- a lot of flyers eat you for breakfast) as well as anti heavy armour.

Also, I think the Exarch on the DAs costs too much, I'd just drop him to upgrade their serpent to TL Scatter Laser with underslung Shuriken Cannon- that's a lotta S6.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would keep the shimmer shield dire avengers with a 5++ is always handy to have. The second crimson hunter is handy but you cant deny the goodness of 7 str6 shot from each vyper and with 3 of them been twinlinked its a lot of firepower.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks coke, but I think I want to keep as much variety as possible. While I want to keep the list viable to play with I'd still like to keep it interesting to paint and nice to look at. The Vypers add that variety.

And anyway, if need be they can form some kind of AA. With 12 Scatter Laser shots I should be looking at 2 hits, twin-linking the Cannons, which should provide another two (hopefully). Most Fliers will be lower armour so I'm looking at 4+ to glance. So that's 2 glancing/penetrating and it only takes that one lucky six. It's not great, but it's something.

And against the guys I normally play I'm not really facing much in terms of fliers, so I'm not too worried.

Cheers though!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts